Upgrade Nakamichi PA 7All power amp with mono blocks

Current System:

Acoustat 1+1 speakers

Rythmik pair F12SE subwoofers

SPL Crossover (German Brand.  This separates the signal and reduces the demand on the Acoustats.  It helps bring out the mids and highs on the 1+1's

NAD C165BEE pre amplifier (plan to upgrade long term)

Technics SL-1500 C with AT 540ML cartridge in a RigB housing (think AT740ML+)

Marantz 8003 SACD (essentially retired with all CD's on digital card)

Eversolo DMP A6 streamer (occasionally use the DAC, but find it is too bright for extended listening

Schitt Bifrost 2/64 R2R DAC

Nakamichi PA 7All Power Amp (Nelson Pass Stasis design)

I am currently considering replacing the PA 7All with mono blocks, but am also willing to consider a  higher end stereo power amp.  I am looking for improved stage and instrument separation (already very good.  just want more).  I stream Amazon HD (60%), use the digital card for CD material (20%), and vinyl (20%).

These are the power amps I am currently considering:

PS Audio M 700 Mono Blocks ($3498 for pair)

Schitt Audio Tyr ($3198 for pair)

Buckeye Amps ($1550 for pair).  Worried about missing the low level Class A sound (70% of listening is done at low to mid level with 80% primarily background sound).

I would love to test these at home, but with a bad back and restocking fees I am inclined not too.  Once I get a new unit I will A/B it with the PA 7All to confirm it is an improvement.  Trying to minimize bringing too many units into the home.

I would love to hear the community's thoughts on these and potential other units to consider.  I am willing to try used, but it needs to be essentially a lock.  (I purchased the Acoustats and Nakamichi used.  Everything else was purchased new).

Thanks, Ralph

thriftyaudio

@decooney thanks for the offer. My unit was refurbished two years ago.

Well that’s great, and hopefully you can find a good path for next steps. Admittedly,  I was a little hyper-focused on trying different preamps having heard your model amp and speakers (both) at different times, and some understanding of how can they can sound given a great source, DAC, preamp, cables, room etc. Best of Luck on whatever you decide.

Get the M700s.

I've got the M1200s. Best sounding amps I've owned.

Clarity, soundstage, imaging, timbres, top-to-bottom cohesiveness.

Effortless power. 

Check out Van Alstine mono or stereo amps. My friend uses the 2 channel SET 500 with his Harbeth speakers and it sounds real nice!

@ellajeanelle ​​@decooney I have decided to explore upgrading the pre-amp first.  Too many people have said the PA-7AII may be the strong point in the system and that the NAD may be the weak link.  I am focusing on the SPL Elector and the PS Audio Stellar Gold.  Others may get in the mix, but for now these are my focus.  Thank to both of you for your suggestions.