The best music in 2019

Tedeschi/Trucks Band "Signs"  WOW
128x128slaw
@slaw, were you into Rank & File when they were around? Alejandro was in the band, and they played around L.A. quite a bit. They were part of the "Cow Punk" scene, big in L.A. in the 80's. They, The Knitters (Exene and John Doe of X, Dave Alvin of The Blasters), Lone Justice, The Long Ryders, a few others. I don't know if that stuff made it outside of Los Angeles.
This one came in under the wire...

Alejandro Escovedo "With These Hands"

First time on vinyl from the excellent Run Out Groove label.
Tony Joe White "Polk Salad Annie"  45rpm/maxi-single/2019
Nirvana "MTV Unplugged New York"  2019/dbl/lp/re-master/2019
Dire Straits "Communique"  MFSL/45rpm/2019
Eric Schenkman "Who Shot John?"

a blues/rock record that is fresh and full of energy from an artist that may be familiar once you realize who it is..........
Tony Joe White "Swamp Music" Monument Rarities/RunOutGroove

if you're a fan, this is a no-brainer
I have gone old school this week. Peter Frampton's "All Blues", and the Who self titled. Both great. 

Foxwarren-Foxwarren
Big Thief- U.F.O.F.
Cate Le Bon-Reward
Kikagayu Moyo-Masana Temples (2018)
Djrum-Portrait With Firewood
Agnes Obel-Late Night Tales

Here is the top 50 from Pitchfork:
https://pitchfork.com/features/lists-and-guides/best-albums-2019/
My Purple Mountains album recommendation
made their top 10!! Love this album!
my wife is really into Big Thief , and they have number 3 album and another in the top 15!!

@pehare Yola!  Where did this come from?  Had no idea.  Nice!  Thanks man.

@bdp24 @tomcy6  diggin’ this Rosie Flores blues record.  Putting an order in.  Thanks!

+1 on the Hiss Golden Messenger, Stephen Wilson, Mercury Rev, and the Traffic reissues.  Sorry if I repeated any already mentioned.

I think it’s fair to say now in November that I found more good new stuff issued in 2017 and 2018.  But time will tell.  Maybe a couple of years from now I’ll find a bunch of stuff that I’ve missed this year.  I certainly will check out some of the records posted about here.

Keith Jarrett - J. S. Bach: The Well-Tempered Clavier Book I

This is a new version

Jonny Greenwood ‎– "There Will Be Blood” (OMP Soundtrack)
(Released on Vinyl in January)

One of my favorite's  of this year is Mark Mulcahy's " The Gus". He was in the New Haven  band Miracle Legion back in the 1980's and the  studio band Polaris, which did the music for the Nickelodeon show The Adventures of Pete and Pete. Mark has recently released three new solo albums over the last five years and his best solo album IMHO is "In Pursuit of Your Happiness."

He is really a exceptional  singer/song writer who writes quirky but deeply insightful songs on the simple experiences of life but equally the more fringe aspects of life.

All of his solo work is  available on vinyl at  his web site.

Maybe one of the greatest under appreciated songwriters in rock today.

Here is a  great interview from WAMC during his recent tour.