The best music in 2019

Tedeschi/Trucks Band "Signs"  WOW
128x128slaw

Showing 42 responses by slaw

This one came in under the wire...

Alejandro Escovedo "With These Hands"

First time on vinyl from the excellent Run Out Groove label.
Tony Joe White "Polk Salad Annie"  45rpm/maxi-single/2019
Nirvana "MTV Unplugged New York"  2019/dbl/lp/re-master/2019
Dire Straits "Communique"  MFSL/45rpm/2019
Eric Schenkman "Who Shot John?"

a blues/rock record that is fresh and full of energy from an artist that may be familiar once you realize who it is..........
Tony Joe White "Swamp Music" Monument Rarities/RunOutGroove

if you're a fan, this is a no-brainer
@toddnkaya 

I couldn't wait since you got back to me on this record.

I just did a quick run through on Amazon. I like it buddy. I see it's on Drag City Records. My feeling is it will really sound good on my tt!
Starflyer 59 "Young in My Head:"  this one needs mentioning just for their ongoing, steady music making ability to draw one in.
Nick Waterhouse "S/T"  He's stayed true to his roots and this may be his best sounding lp so far?
Steven Wilson "Home Invasion Live @ The Royal Albert Hall"

Hearing him live is a different experience from the studio lps, as it should be.
CSN&Y "4-Way Street" The RSD expanded, 3 lp, is fantastic!

JJ Cale "Live"   first time on vinyl, great!
I have two here, both RSD releases and both at 45rpm...

Courtney Barnett, a two song 12" EP from the "Tell Me How You Really Feel" sessions
Tedeschi/Trucks Band "High & Mighty"

Patty Griffin "S/T". A monster of a record. Patty seems to be a force of nature with talent oozing out of her pores. Most of her lps I own have come close to presenting her amazing voice as harsh. Not here, this is a wonderful recording.
Jenny Lewis "On The Line"

I just knew this one was going to be good. To top it off, the more I listen, the more I like. That's a good thing. She has people like Jim Keltner and Ringo Starr in the studio for this one.