Tannoy Legacy Eaton with Primaluna EVO 300 Integrated

Hej

Looking for a new amp for my Tannoy Eatons and have been looking at Primaluna.

Does anyone have this combo?

simna

Close?
I own the Eaton's bigger brother (Arden) and am powering them with an EVO 300 power amp (Gold Lion KT-88s or Tung-Sol KT-150s). I didn't care much for the stock PL EL34s which are now running in my VTA ST-70 where I care less about critical listening.

In my system, the EVO provides a better experience than the Pass XA30.5 and Conrad Johnson MF2250 that preceded it.

Would love to have the space and money for the Ardens.

And you are pleased with the combo?
Something missing?

It's un-audiophile to have nothing to complain about, but I'm completely happy with the PL 300 and Arden pairing. I can't speak to the preamp section of the PL EVO 300 Integrated, or how it would compare to my McIntosh C2300 preamp.

I can say that the EVO 300 power amp is one of the quietest amps I've ever owned and is essentially hassle free from a tube owner's perspective. It simply works and sounds great. I have had a number of KT-150 tubes go noisy on me, so I've been sticking to KT-88s for the time being.

The Eatons are a little harder to drive at 89 dB, but I hope it will be enough with 40 watts to get the best of them. My room is quite small 17 square meters (182 square feet) and I don't play at party levels.

I have some quads of EL34, KT88 and 6550 since I had a Line Magnetic a few years ago. Had some issues with it and wasn't that happy with the sound either.

'The Eatons are a little harder to drive at 89 dB, but I hope it will be enough with 40 watts to get the best of them."

The PL will be fine. The Eatons aren't harder to drive-87-89dB rating is average for most of the market and the PL is capable for typical listening.

Longtime PL user here.

Tannoy Eaton Loudspeaker (each) – Upscale Audio

I am currently driving mt Tannoy Sterlings with a Line Magnetic 211ai which delivers 35wpc in ultrilinear mode. Seems plenty drive in my living room area. 

I agree that the PL will be fine regarding power output.

My problem with the 211ai is the high sensitivity and too much gain. Which Line Magnetic amp did you own?

@tablejockey 

OK. Sounds fine.

@mesch 

I had a LM 34IA. Problems with cold solderings and the balance between left and right.
Thought it sounded...meh...

I'm also looking at Cary SLI-80HS. I like the option to bias the tubes myself. But I don't know anything about the sound and quality. 
Any thoughts?

I have a PL EVO 300 integrated running into a pair of Tannoy Cheviots.  I've been very happy with the combo.  I don't have any desire to upgrade that element of my system.