T+A PA 3100 HV owners question

I figured I’d get more visibility here but this is a cable question.

Has anyone added an aftermarket 20 amp power cable and noticed a significant or worthwhile difference in sound, and if so, what did you buy?

Not interested in power conditioning.

thx!

macg19

I’m guessing I’m not going to be much help, but you do have me wondering. I have the PA3100 HV, but upgraded all my cables - and my distributor to Nordost at one time after auditioning things piecemeal. But I never tried the upgraded cable on just the amp alone going straight into the wall. I run everything through the Nordost QB8 mk III (which is not a conditioner per se, but noise reducing distributor) and have Valhalla 2 and Odin 1 power cords.

I liked the Nordost better than audioquest though I did not audition all the way up to the dragons which i probably should have. In any case, the upper level Nordost seem a nice match for this amp. I don’t think I’d put anything less than Tyr IIs on it. 

Clearly, an audition will be a must for you and I’ll be curious as to what you find out.

I am powering a T+A SDV 3100 HV with two Triode Wire Labs "Obsession-Statement Series" (15 amp) cables and have been extremely happy with them.  Reach out to Pete and see what he can do for you.  He is well respected in the industry, charges very reasonable prices, and is easy to work with.  The Obsession isn't listed with a 20 amp option on his website, but tell Pete what you are up to and let him make a recommendation or two.  Good luck!

All: Thanks for the feedback thus far.

@mgrif104 Upper tier Nordost are beyond what I'm willing to spend on a PC, even used. I'll report back on what I land on.

@lldd First time hearing about Triode Wire Labs - they look interesting and reasonably priced.   

@mgrif104 I ended up with a used Voodoo Infinity PC. I was more than a little surprised at the immediately noticeable improvement in dynamic range, detail, air (not sure if that is the right word), and better soundstage/more holographic. Definitely seemed to emphasize but also tighten up bass. Way more impressed than I thought I would be.