Suggestions for solid state balanced linestage with remote, $2000 or less

I haven't had a higher end solid state linestage for some time.  Have had some cheaper ones but felt they add some grain and tizziness to the signal.  Want to be able to run power amps with a balanced input (e.g., Audio Research power amps), and have remote switching capability for source selection.

From my knowledge the usual suspects would be from Ayre, maybe Modwright.  Haven't kept track of newer models and brands that may offer a lot of performance and value. 

Thoughts welcome.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xjjss49
I'm in the same situation.  My early research has me interested in the Belles Aria Preamp - $1600.  (not balanced)
For new gear, I would look at the Musical Fidelity M6s PRE which is fully balanced.  Wonderful unit and a strong value since MF is made in Taiwan.  MAP on it is $1890 but is as good as many units that are much more expensive.  

You could also look at an Ayre K5xeMP.  Used it will be in the ~$2K range, maybe a little less.  I used one for years personally and think it is a wonderful preamp.  

I am an MF dealer.  PM me if you are interested in the M6.  
@soix

re SQ i am looking for what most high enders would want from a upper tier SS linestage

sweet smooth yet detailed sound, good PRAT, excellent imaging -- no grain or any sharpness in the upper mid/treble or flattening of the soundstage -- i think dead silence and bass control can be taken for granted pretty much - some warmth/body in the midrange/bass would be nice (not too ’lean and clean’)
The Ayre mentioned above seems like a really good choice given what you’re looking for.  I’d also mention a Pass Labs XP10 available on US Audio Mart that may also be worth considering.  Best of luck. 
My Callsto eclipse is in the Aesthetix shop, so for sh*ts and giggles, I bought a Linn Klimax with Kontrol and dual balance upgrade for $2250 a few days ago.  Wonderful SS design and built like a tank.  You can thank me later if you are searching for inner detail and realism.  It will reveal  any areas that your system is lacking, though.
getting an ayre k5xe mp - thanks all

there is a k1 offered used ... but i thought i would pass on it and try the k5, charlie h said in a post with mp the k5 nips at the heels of k1 - hope the ayre is not too lean... we will see

i already have the p5xe so the 2 can stack and be bosom buddies