Stereophile review of the $30,000 tekton speakers

We have had many discussions/arguments over tekton speakers in the past, mainly involving a couple posters who thought their $4000 tektons sounded better than the highest price Wilson’s and other high budget speakers.

In the latest Stereophile magazine, they did a review of the $30,000 tekton’s. In this Steteophile issue, they rate these $30,000 tekton’s as class B. When you look at the other speakers that are in the class B section, you will notice most of these speakers range in price from $5000-$8000. So it looks like you have to spend $30,000 on a pair of tekton’s to equal a pair of $5000 Klipsch Forte IV’s sound quality. 
If I compare these $30,000 class B tekton’s, to some of the class A speakers, there are some class A speakers for 1/2 the price (Dutch & Dutch 8C, Goldenear triton reference), or other class A speakers that are cheaper (Magico A5, Kef blade 2).

p05129

Understood. I’m actually a big fan of the SR71, and have a model of it.

At these speeds, if you placed the speaker with no feet on a stand and the stand was blocking the 4 holes, wouldn’t each speaker have lift off or at least move around on the stands? Was this port/hole speed tested in the review?

I posit that if 4 holes can make the speaker go super sonic, then drilling 16 holes in the bottom of it will enable it to attain mach4, thus besting the SR71 in speed.

I wonder if Tekton R&D has tried this? I’ll email him and ask...he seems to be a pretty receptive fellow😁

This could open up a whole new field of aeronautics!

Of course they’d be the ugliest things that have ever flown...

Anybody know how many people can fit in an Ulfberht?