Stereophile review of the $30,000 tekton speakers

We have had many discussions/arguments over tekton speakers in the past, mainly involving a couple posters who thought their $4000 tektons sounded better than the highest price Wilson’s and other high budget speakers.

In the latest Stereophile magazine, they did a review of the $30,000 tekton’s. In this Steteophile issue, they rate these $30,000 tekton’s as class B. When you look at the other speakers that are in the class B section, you will notice most of these speakers range in price from $5000-$8000. So it looks like you have to spend $30,000 on a pair of tekton’s to equal a pair of $5000 Klipsch Forte IV’s sound quality. 
If I compare these $30,000 class B tekton’s, to some of the class A speakers, there are some class A speakers for 1/2 the price (Dutch & Dutch 8C, Goldenear triton reference), or other class A speakers that are cheaper (Magico A5, Kef blade 2).

p05129
mapman, consider this... audiophiles tend to be very consistent and predictable in their listening habits. Our larger models are already hovering over 95dB with a single Watt. Next, there are quality amplifiers produced today with low distortion numbers into 2 Ohms. Since audiophiles tend to listen the same from day-to-day and rarely anywhere near full volume running into 2 Ohms on a 95dB+ loudspeaker extrapolates to effortless sound produced at low volumes and more potential when called upon.

@tektondesign YOU are NOT a humble person.  I am not savvy concerning electronics and have NOT insulted your typical bargain priced speakers.  My query sounds to some other posters like mine, the same speaker cannot sound the same at double and triple the impedance but the amplifier can do the same to any speaker based on its ability to do so.  31 speakers available on their site.  Does anyone believe that intensive engineering work was done on each of these designs?  The basic design is maintained but can it be so simply applied to so many speakers?  Probably not.  

Note that there was a long discussion concerning the owner running the company (apparently by himself).  https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/an-objective-review-of-the-tekton-double-impact-speakers?sort_order=asc  

After hearing over 1000 speakers over decades, being both an amateur musician and recording engineer at major L.A. venues of an orchestra, chamber works and choirs, preferring live unamplified acoustic music (and many genres of music from Baroque Classical to Electronica), having a 55,500 LP/CD/R2R/78 recording collection, friends with world renown remastering engineers, I have my own viewpoint on sound reproduction supported by several equipment manufacturers (good friends).  Taken as a whole, the expensive Tekton speakers have some negative anomalies.  In the Double Impact Stereophile review, while overwhelmingly positive this stuck out "The Impact Monitor's vertical radiation pattern suggests that the speaker needs to be listened to within a narrow window centered on the central tweeter axis if the midrange balance is not to sound colored."  This is what I observed with them.  Opposite to my Sig 3s and especially my VS VR9s which maintain wide and even dispersion (look at that Fig.5 graph)!  Enjoy the Music gave the Moab a great review but warned concerning a manufacturer with "50!" different speakers (generally purchased unheard, chosen by price and size/use). 

So, I suggest that if there are that many speakers at so many low prices, the margins must be rather small even with the low cost components.  Such a manufacturer would be hard pressed to design a "great" $30K speaker unless some major upgrade to the design, cabinetry or parts (drivers, crossovers) are considered (some or all).  From what I read, it appears that the mid-range array is designed to bounce sound off the walls and around the room.  I prefer a more direct mid-range sound display and less room sound.  

....some cars are like mistresses.......be ready to apply $s' to go play.....

30K$'s for a pair that get rated a 'B'.....😒 

Even if I'd 30K to dispense, it'd be for 'else'....

I like my 'trash'.....if I break it, I don' and won't have a major fit over it....and my diy's I half expect to fry to find where those 'issues' lie....and they come with a lifetime  warranty....

Mine. ;)