speakers and cables

this is about me being a loser and problem creator.

I finally got a 2nd subwoofer and I was excited to hook it up. Well, not too excited. I knew it would be a pain to hook it up. I was excited to hear it. I spent over 90 minutes connecting the speaker wires to my power amp. When I turned it on, the left channel was gone. It blew the fuse. I disconnected everything, replaced the fuse, hooked it up again. It worked for 10 seconds, blew the fuse again.

The way I hooked them up was I went from the sub speaker out from both subwoofers, rolled the left and right side wires together so I had 4 wires that I connected to the left and right plus and minus channels - speaker binders on the power amp. What are my options? My preamp has no sub out. Nor my amp.

Stupid question: should I just go from left to left on one sub and right to right on the other sub?

grislybutter

@immathewj yes you are right. An integrated would do it. If ebay didn't charge an arm and a leg, I would sell my power amp today. 

@mswale my subs' dial start at 80Hz so I can't go below that. I agree with you that less is more, I need just subtle bass to extend the image. First it felt like the drummers went mad :)

@grisly, what are the specs on your mains?  Or did you already say how low do they theoretically go, and I missed it?

"@immathewj yes you are right. An integrated would do it. If ebay didn’t charge an arm and a leg, I would sell my power amp today. "

There are many sites that are better than ebay to buy and sell audio gear including the site that you are now using! 

@yogiboy

Nobody buys what I have on any site other than on ebay. I know, my gear has been posted for close to nothing for 8 months. On ebay I get an offer in 2 days.

Because the stuff is heavy, and ebay charges on the shipping too, I get 60 cents on the dollar. In this case, I would make around $80 if I am lucky.

@immathewj

what are the specs on your mains?  

sorry I am not sure what it means, this the subwoofer

frequency response: 40-160 Hz (-3dB) continuously variable 80-160 Hz crossover