Spatial Audio Raven Preamp

Spatial is supposed to be shipping the first "wave" from pre orders of this preamplifier in May, does anyone have one on order? Was hoping to hear about it from AXPONA but I guess they were not there. It's on my list for future possibilities. It seems to check all my boxes if I need a preamp.

128x128fthompson251

lynn _olson

I hear you, airports and airlines can be overcrowded, and who knows what is floating around. Sorry to hear you need the rolling assist to get around in airport, those walks can be brutal in some airports. Is Amtrak really no more…?

Oh, Amtrak is still around, just with fewer routes. The Denver/Portland route went away about fifteen years ago. However, as part of the Inflation Reduction Act, Amtrak is getting some routes restored, which I look forward to.

As for airports, DIA is truly gigantic, with six enormous concourses, all radiating from a rattly and jerky central subway. United changed the gate THREE TIMES on the trip to Seattle, all on very short notice. By the time I got my seat on the 100% full 737, I must have walked two miles, with no place to sit and rest, just a nonstop slog the whole way. Although I felt sorry for myself, I felt more sorry for the exhausted single moms carrying infants.

This is gross violation of the ADA act. There are old people (me), folks on crutches, and single moms force-marched to distant gates through an immense facility with nowhere to sit.

I think it’s absurd the wealthiest country on Earth has only two modes of transportation, with the airlines steadily degrading service year after year, and the Interstate Highway System no better than it was in the Seventies. Of course, if you are uber-rich, you just take your limo to the private-jet-only airport and stroll out of the limo straight onto the private jet a few feet away.

Wash your hands often! Seriously, it's the single most effective way to ward off bugs from the mass transit petri dishes. Wish I still lived in Portland, I would have loved to meet you guys.

Imagine high speed levitating electric trains down the insterstate medians..... They would be far more efficient than planes for the 500 mile or less journey.  They have trains that go 199 mph in Japan.  Imagine just 120 mph.....  a few hours and you are across a couple of states and you can walk around, go down to the club car for a beer, etc...   Contrasted with spending 2 hours in airports on either side of a 90 minute flight in a tuna can.  Sure, for cross country flights the plane is better, but for the 300 - 500 mile journey... I would love a train.

UK is now linked to Mainland Europe with a Trainline one service for high speed Pedestrian Transportation and another to replace the use of a Ferry Crossing for Vehicles.

The idea of Plane to Paris is not the commonly used idea anymore, the Train is very popular.

The Ferry suits those with additional time and on a tighter budget to transport a Vehicle.

I was listening to a Tim de Paravicini designed 300b Power Amp' yesterday, was using E88CC Input Tubes and had undergone modifications to utilise Interstage Tranx's in the circuit.

Very enjoyable it was too as an experience.

The Pre Amp' was a DIY Built Pass design using a Khozmo VC.

I made all who were at the audition aware of this Thread and the other, the Raven is further spoken off within the UK.