Sony DVP-S9000es question

I was surprised at how good a cheap (used) Sony S9000ES was as a transport.  It seems to beat the Oppo 103 I'd previously been using when running into various DACs.  Seems marginally smoother, a little more open, and just more solid sounding.  Subtle differences but the player only cost a bit over a hundred bucks.  And it seems synergistic with an old EAD 7000mkiii.  I have a Denafrips ARES on the way in and will see how the two blend.

But I have one question.  I didn't get an original remote control with it and apparently they are hard to find.  So without a CD/SACD switch I can't force the player to default to SACD for hybrid discs.

Does anyone know how I can force the player to always play the SACD layer?  Or barring that, how do I get an original or 100% compatible remote.

Or does someone have one who is willing to program a universal remote to clone it if I pay for this and the shipping as well?

Thanks to all.
jvcn
This player, the S9000ES, was the first SACD player offered by Sony (I purchased upon its debut). Long story short: Physically it is a magnificent machine (The chassis is either solid copper or copper plated) but its software is flawed as you’ve discovered. It plays dedicated SACD discs fine but gets "confused" with hybrid discs.
It should make an awesome redbook transport. I think I sold mine for $150. I believe I paid $1500 new.
I have had several Sony DVP-9000 ES players. As the laser ages, it fails to automatically recognize the SACD layer on hybrid discs. Even the remote can’t force this unit to play SACDs. Once it fails to play SACDs, you really need to have it repaired, having the laser replaced, or accept that you still have a good redbook CD player until the laser quits completely. If you find a properly functioning 9000 ES, they are a real bargain at $100-150.
If I remember correctly, if you play an SACD-only disc first, the player will be "primed" to play the SACD layer of a subsequent hybrid disc.
I sent my player to Sony repair center in Texas and they couldn't fix.
They did manage to "lose" the SACD hybrid disc I included in the box. Age of laser doesn't matter -was screwed up from the get-go.
Moral: Don't be an early adopter...
I find running SACDs through it clumsy and can't get a remote that works right.  But CDs into the ARES sound good enough for my ears and I see no reason to upgrade. I'm an audiophile but not a super picky one.  This hits my good enough threshold.
I have had a 9000 for over 10 years and never realized there was an issue.  Mine still plays SACD.  Currently it is a transport for my Bryston DAC3, into one of the DAC 4 HDMI inputs.  I also use an Oppo 105 in the same system and usually use the latter as  a transport, since it is attached to the monitor and  I appreciate the screen information.  Every now and then I spin an SACD in the Sony just to give it a workout and both the Sony and the DAC indicate that the DSD layer is playing.
  Do I hear much difference between the Sony and the Oppo as transports?  Maybe the Sony is a touch smoother, or it could be my imagination.  The solidity of the disc tray vs. the Oppo feels nice, but any difference is certainly minuscule 
Another Sony 9000 user here, as a Redbook transport.    Good stuff, best I've tried in my system.