Solo streamer

I’m looking to replace my Cambridge CXN v2 with a streamer that has better SQ.  I want a streamer with no extra accoutrements: no DAC, storage capacity, etc., nothing but a streamer.  Is this available?

128x128rvpiano

@audphile1

thans for heads up.  I have a history of being a little naive regarding others’ motives.

thank god for you, our port in the storm.

@mdalton  Says the guy who speaks for next to nobody here and enjoys tilting at windmills.  I’ll take that for exactly what it’s worth. 

@mdalton

You say that manufacturers don’t include any measurements to defend that streamers can make a difference, but once Sony didn’t know what audiophiles were complaining about when CD players first came out, and it was later figured out that jitter was the problem. I’m not saying it’s jitter currently, but it could be something else that measurements aren’t exposing.

@aldnorab - only if it is poorly made and cause data loss which you would immediately see in your computer operations (such as slow Web browsing or aborted file downloads). Otherwise bits arrive identical no matter what extender is. This is how modern networks operate. They don't lose anything.