solid core interconnect below 500.00pr.-which one

As most of us that have been in this hobby awhile we accumulate wire.

I am not sure if this next statement is close to right. But I seem to feel that there is a trait of solid core interconnects and braided interconnects. Solid seems to me to always bring focus and depth and braided seems to bring width and slightly diffuses focus. Neither bad or good.

Anyway you might see why I am asking my question but maybe I am starting off on the wrong step. So trying to keep things simple(maybe that is not possible). What I was hoping to get help with is from your experience what solid core interconnects with the traits as I see them do you know of that are not bright but still detailed?

You can look at my system and see what I have. One thing I do not have listed is old Audioquest (the snake models-can't remember which one)solid core interconnects that work great. I would appreciate some newer recommendations of some interconnects under 500.00 a pr. Thank you fellow cable opinionists.
marqmike
Marqmike --

I'm not sure how much of a help my recommendation and its motivation will be to you, but here goes:

I'm very much into solid-core wires and believe they have inherent, distinguishable traits(compared to multi-strand alternatives) that shines through most cable configurations and systems - at least via speaker- and power cables. Please don't misunderstand "inherent, distinguishable traits" as something that calls upon itself as a signature, or "better" yet 'character,' that imposes what I'd regard a subtle coloration to the signal, but rather that the qualities of solid-core are identifiable as traits that "mend" the irregularities, very generally speaking, of multistranded wires.

Currently I'm using solid-core speaker- and power cables, and until some months ago I was using Mundorf's teflon insulated AWG 24 silver/gold wires, solid-core, in a braided configuration as interconnects - non-shielded. Being at the time that I sought to better the performance of my setup in some areas my dealer recommended I'd try out NuForce's IC-700 IC's. He had used the braided Mundorf-equipped wires as IC's himself, btw.. I was a bit reluctant to try out the NuForce IC's for various reasons, one of them being that it didn't house solid-core wires, but to my surprise and even astoundment the NuForce IC's proved extremely capable, so much so that their inclusion in my setup made me realize their permanent worth within mere seconds. They simply sounded right to me with a more coherent and direct presentation, where particularly the mids seemed more "colorful," fleshed out and dynamically vital. Not a more forward sound per se compared to the NuForce IC's, but overall more alive(less grey) and astute. Some of the differences here mentioned didn't surprise me due to my general impressions of silver cables, but what did surprise me was that the NuForce IC's didn't lack a discernable degree of resolution, detail and differentiation compared to the Mundorf variant.

Question is whether my recommendation suits your audible needs/inclinations and setup, even though I share the preference for the IC-700's with several audio-friends(with different setups) - also compared to much more expensive IC's. I presume your love for solid-core traits is founded more exclusively via IC's and perhaps where copper wires have been used here, but I'd suggest, at least in the case of the IC-700's, that (un-)named solid-core traits are less pronounced if at all here. What makes the comparison tricky is the difference in wire material and topology between the two, and maybe the IC-700's via their particular topology are an exception of sorts. Maybe I'm just saying that the inclusion of the NuForce IC-700's provides great sound(not only in my setup), price disregarded, and that topology and wire material are secondary considerations to delve into here.

To put it differently my preference for solid-core wires is grounded in (many) experiments with speaker- and power cables, the impressions of which may have "bled" more unfounded into the area of IC's. A little over a year ago I experimented comparing NuForce's SC-700 speaker cables to my Mundorf Silver/gold AWG 15 solid-core wires(thicker variant of my earlier Mundorf IC's), and the SC-700's conformed beautifully, if you will, to my overall impression of multi-stranded wires, in most areas; central to deep bass was less tight and not as deeply felt, the mid-bass seemed slightly bloated, mids were more up-front and less focused, and highs seemed more brittle and less clean. At first a more "entertaining" sound, but within short I became tired with the presentation. I'm aware wire material plays a factor here as well, but the example still portrays the general sonic outlines of solid-core vs. multi-stranded were the wire material the same.

Here's a link to NuForce's site where you can also read of the overall topology of the IC-700, if interested:

http://estore.nuforce.com/nuforce-interconnect-cable/

A short mini-review of sorts:

http://www.tweekgeek.com/nuforce-ic-700r-interconnects/

Notice the price - the IC-700's comes in way under $500..
Phusis
That information is helpful. Gives me some bearing to go off of. And your general description of multi stranded is like my experience in what I think they sound like in comparision. Thank you for your reply.
I have always preferred the sound of solid vs. stranded wire cables and cables with minimal dielectrics. Nordost Vahallas were once my fav but they are way too pricey.

As far as newer offerings in your price range, take look at Cabledyne. Read their Blogs and see their reviews. I own both PC and digital cables from them and find them to be quite impressive without breaking the bank.
http:www.cabledyne.com
I'm very happy using the DNM HFTN Solid Core IC's $498.00 a 1 meter pair. DNM has made the same cable for some 30ish years and about 3 years ago did a redesign and added the High Frequency Termination Network (HFTN). Exactly what the HFTN does is a mystery to me, but everything became more clear and natural sounding. It's like not having a cable at all. There is a lot of information on the DNM site. Use the link and read about the HFTN and look around the site to find how they make the Solid Core wire.

http://www.dnm.co.uk/hftns.html#SpeakerHFTNs

http://www.simplifiaudio.com/online_store/dspeaker_store.html

Scroll down the page to find the HFTN Cables.

I prefer solid core over stranded as well and recommend you check out the Darwin Ascension cables for sale which are listed here. I have their Silver Cables and find them to simply get out of the way of the music.
http://www.darwincables.com/Darwin%20Ascension.html
These are new and are at an introductory sale price that fits right in under your limit.

There is also reviews here on A'gon and threads about them.

All the best,
Nonoise
I would recommend the Taralabs Air 1 series 2 cables used here on the gon!, you may be able to hagle with the seller, they are an out standing cables for the going used price!, I believe you cannot go wrong with buying one of these cables used, they were alot more money new!, thou they are discontinued, that does not take away from the fact, that they are great cables for the asking price!
I see you're using the Lightspeed preamp. As George has stated in another thread, what you really need are cables with a low capacitance (preferably <100pf), and SHORT cable lengths leaving the LSA going to the amp.
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I appreciate them and I am checking most of them out.

Thanks Devilboy on that heads up. I keep my cables really short, 5m, and my amp is 1v input sensitive with 2v output on my source, and it is 100k ohms so my system is not as picky about cables but still somewhat picky. But that being said I forgot to take that into consideration with interconnects I am looking for. Maybe because my system sounds really good as is.

Thanks again everyone for your input.
Going by the numbers you listed, an LSA fits nicely between your source and amp. I would still take George's advice and find cables with low capacitance. As a former LSA owner, I don't know the capacitance of cables I used at the time. They were solid core copper though and they sounded fantastic with the LSA. The LSA is truly a giant killer of a preamp and if one's system can integrate with a passive like the LSA, I can't imagine how anyone can justify spending one penny more on something else. I'm sure your system sounds wonderful. Enjoy.
My entire system (mostly...my headphone amp has a cool looking old Straightwire IC and my REL has a thick stranded OFC garden hose) has solid core AQ stuff found used here and there. Type 8 speaker, King Cobra and Diamondback single ended and balanced, etc. I even scored a solid silver VDM 5 sp/dif cable that I force visitors to look at (they unanimously don't give a crap). The result of this seeming "bungee cord" party is that the system sounds fabulous. I ran my speaker wire choice by Alan Yun of Silverline when I first bought my Preludes and he approved...at least I think that's what he said...
Wolf I am glad you mentioned the AQ's looked like bungee thingees. I happened to need some bungee, I have always had plenty of cowbell. So I used them to bungee and *h--- after doing that didn't the *d--- sound improve! It was more of everything I always wanted. See I listen to cords all the time. I put them up to my ear, make them taut and give'em a flick like a bass string, just to get used to the sound, And now I have listened to over 3 dozen of them this is the one that sound like it has more of everything. Trust me on this one.
So right here is a worldwide first. I normally never do this kind of hyperbole. But I can't control myself after this scientific experiment(at least that's what my dog and me agreed to say that it was).I am right here (this will probably make audiogon famous, so I should ask for some sort of compensation, but you know how I am). I am recommending using all cords to do the bungee thingee with.
But please and I cant say this loud enough for many audiophiles, please don't call me if you don't bungee right and have more problems after than you had before. I have noticed that the more expensive cords seem to go lower than others. My science thinks it might be because they are usually bigger. Well my white paper is not finished yet but should be available as a generous contribution to all the music and equipment lovers the world over in about two years. I don't want anybody to take unfair advantage of this technical information, you now how I am.
*h--- = how in the universe did that do that, was it an super intelligent alein super mind over matter power
*d--- = decadent and naturally delicate
On a serious note thank you everyone for all the suggestions. Have fun listening.
I have tried using actual bungee cords as speaker and interconnect wires, but found that since they are "rubber core", they can't accept plugs and absolutely no sound can pass through them. On the positive side, they are very quiet and useful to keep gear steady if, for example, it's used on a boat or private jet. Conversely, you can use AQ cable as a substitute for bungees, but you will find them to be much less strechy.