SnubWay Question Thread

Happy New Year

For those interested - the 1st of three Snubber Products is ready for full scale production - SnubWay works really well with Puron, each doing their job in good order. 

Viet made a tidy little video to explain the product a bit and make a demo - this is from his What’s On The Bench Videos

We tested ParaSnub (aka SnubWay) with a simulated SMPS noise source that has an 1kohm impedance. This is to simulate a typical SMPS transformer impedance between the high frequency generated voltage and the line (mains) that it is connected to. We inject about 5Vpp 400kHz, 100kHz and 60kHz noise using a function generator and get between -30dB to -33dB reduction in noise (about 100mV to 150mVpp). This is a significant amount of noise reduction and can really help clean up the SMPS noise contamination in our power outlet strip. The level of reduction may vary, and will depend on your particular SMPS noise source impedance, your equipment, and your particular house wiring, etc.

A short You Tube Video here

Thanks

Mark

verafiaudio@gmail.com

verafiaudio

@agisthos 

Thanks very much - look forward to your results in your Audio System 

We are processing both SnubWay and Main Stream as quickly as we can in our new space in California - going really well

Best wishes - Mark 

UPDATE:

Thought I would update my review of the Snubway apearing earlier in this thread. My second Snubway came the other day and I have plugged it into the Zerosurge on which I have my subwoofer only. The other one is plugged into the Zerosurge controlling my other components. Well, let me tell you ... this thing works wonders on a subwoofer (as well as everything else). Bass is very crisp, articulate, and coherent. Having the Snubways in my entire system truly is like having a major component upgrade, and I am about as skeptical of tweaks as anyone. The Snubway reduces line noise substantially and is a product that lives up to its publicity. You’d be surprised at how much noise is on electrical lines and that is generated from switch mode power supplies in your system. My system has never sounded this good, and the Snubway has become a permanent part of my audio arsenal. BTW, I have no affiliation with the manufacturer, I’m just a very impressed and happy customer.

Snubway deals with high frequency noise generated by SMPS and tv’s etc while Main Stream filters noise in the audio band. Both compliment one another.