Single driver speakers - opinions

1.Design - what is IYO the best design and why?
2.Sound - How would you describe the sound in comparison to other speaker designs?
3.Amplification - what works and what doesn't?
4.Is the WAF stopping your from moving in that direction?
What do you like or dislike about SD spks?
DIY v.s Commercial designs - Pros and Cons.

Feel free to express yourself and your thoughts about the Single Driver design speakers in this thread.

Ideas, your projects, pics, experiances are all fun and welcome.

From my experiance with at least two SD commercial design that actually worked like a charm, I have to say that I am seriously concidering it as my next DIY project.

Awesome speakers when done right.

Cheers
Mariusz
mrjstark
Does seem a few manufacturers don't credit nagaoka. But KCS is not one. Think its well known I am a Nahaoka fan boy. Even my fe206esr cab was 4 generations up from nagaoka original design and again hes mentioned even in my review. All our cabinets are optimized from nagaokas and we still mention as do we fully disclose parts etc. Do other manufacturers? I could list many who no longer list origin of design parts etc. But KCS is no longer offering any BLH models except large bass horns but will custom build if asked. For now KCS is offering 1 full range driver loudspeaker a SEAS exotic equipped AS cab. And did I get up on the wrong side of the bed. No Ive got a SEAS exotic in my bedroom system I smile as soon as my eyes open. 1st thing I do is turn on tunes. I go to bed as they play;) No things are good for me I just seem surly for I am not a gifted tech writer or linguist. And I come across as short and a know it all. Seem forums are not my thing. Will stop posting. Spend more time with my boy sales for KCS are good. No worries except autism and politics.
And Cdc if you want a great plan for a TL fe126e. Email. Will send it out, build is not so hard. Sorry if things are taken wrong. As I said not a gifted writer. If I seem short or rude its just the way I post, in real life I am tall and rude;)
Hi JohnK

Not that my opinion counts for anything, and how I feel matters not in the whole scheme of things, but for what it's worth, nice job and good call on your last two posts. I was delighted when I saw your responses. The choice to continue posting is certainly yours to make, but I think it would be a grave injustice to our hobby if you weren't contributing. I wish you the best of luck and am truly happy to hear that sales at KCS are favorable.

All the Best,
Jeff Carder
If all the hi-fi 'brains' leave this site, we will end up talking about cars, food, bikes, drink and other drivel subjects etc.
It will be a sad day indeed.