Siemens CCa vs. Amperex PW 6922

Audio Note 300B amp with Dodd battery preamp and ASR Exclusive.

Has anyone had both at the same time and have some insight on which one would work with my system.

The Amperex PW seems high in price vs. the Siemens CCa GP.
128x128glory
Post removed 
Hmm!!Now I'm gonna have to convince my pal,who has two back up "mint" sets of Amperex U.S.6922 PQ White Label's for an A/B with my primo CCa's.

Should be interesting

Thanks for all the feedback...."unless it costs me significant money"... -:)
Sirspeedy - I will be out for a week starting next week so I can let you have a listen to the pair of Amperex 6922 PQ PW white label I use in the Aria WV phono stage. Keep in mind, the tubes here are used in the MM stage as the WV uses SUT's for its MC input. But the WV phono playback is dead quiet with this tube pair. I can drop another pair of tubes in the WV and check the noise level of the Amperex in the ARC MCP-33 and get back with you on the results.
John...EXTREMELY NICE OF YOU!!!!!...but I am not the type to accept an offer "that" generous!!!

I am getting the Huntley/GNS modded pre/phono next week,and "still" have to burn in the new Teflon caps(which take forever,from what i hear) so any comparisons I do will have to wait.

I'm also, supposedly, getting my new Phantom this week,and will have some work to do,with set-up...I'll need alot of time with "VTA" -:)....(just kidding)

I DO have a very dear friend who can(and will,with little prodding from me)lend me his Amperex U.S.6922 PQ's,and "they" are very low noise.Some time down the road I guess.

Anyway,I cannot express just how nice I consider your offer to be.

You're lucky I didn't pitch you to loan me the Hyper-phono -:)

Warmest regards

Mark
New question,for the "Tube Gods"....

I understand there is a 6922 type "Pinched Waiste" CCa Phillips" label tube,that is supposedly "The Holy Grail" of PW's.From what I have read.

Being that the CCa's were made for German Tele companies,is it possible that "these" Phillips labeled PW/CCa's are the same as the "non CCa" 6922 PW tubes made by Amperex,only labeled with a CCa for shipment to Germany(and having the same characteristics)?...They do command a much higher price.....

I wonder if the Phillips CCa PW's are any better,sonically,than the Amperex PW's(not labeled CCa),which are SO sought after,and rare?A particular "seller" claims they "are" better.

From all of the "amazingly interesting" info I am attempting to gather(thanks to many of "you" great hobbyists)my intent is to see if I can attempt to get a "bit" more from my phono reproduction chain,which has just gone through another significant update/mod,from Great Northern Sound(V-Teflon caps,and a new P/S mod).

I was already very happy,but since I have already gone through multiple comparisons of cabling,and almost anything I could come up with,I "assume" the new updates will move me to an even higher resolution.So my phono section should be "even that much more sensitive".

Basically(and I know I am getting a little "nuts",but that is the hobby....No?)I am very happy with my Siemens CCa's,BUT due to the high prices of actually buying,and trying many quality tubes(I have done that too,but still have unanswered questions about some varieties)I am simply trying to get as much good info(from guys like you)and filing it away,until I feel comfortable shelling out the moola!

Sorry to be a pain-:)

Best
Mr S- The tubes manufactured for the German telecommunications industry had to conform to certain performance specs. Kind of a parallel of our Mil Spec Standards(once upon a time). The CCa was a specially selected 10K hr, low-noise/well balanced triode ala the ECC801S, 802S, 803S. If Amperex made and exported the tubes for that application, they would have been a higher grade of the standard PW. I'd like to hear those myself.
Rodman,my man -:)

So even the "Unicorn-like" Amperex PW's would not be as good?

Sheeesh,"those" are supposedly an amazing and incredibly rare tube,and there is even a "better" PW type,in the CCa Phillips PW?

This journey is becomming almost like a good "mystery movie"......Ya know,where the viewer is kept guessing until the very end!

I'm stsrting to think there is no end in Tubes-ville.....Or is the "marketing machine at work?

Best to all

The Amperex 7308 PQ US White Label or ( USN-CEP) are extremely close to the 6922 PW's, a little "fuller" in all ranges. The 6922 PQ White Label is also" fuller" in all ranges but seems to be less detailed with a bigger mid range,I don't find it as evenly balanced as the other two.

No marketing machine here just different perceptions and equipment.