Should Speaker Manufactures provide a Frequency Response Graph?

Eric at Tekton Designs has been battling two different reviewers who have posted measurements without his permission, using Klippel devices for their respective measurements.

It seems to me that if manufactures provide a simple smoothed out graph, consumers can see how much a speaker is editorializing with a frequency response that deviates from neutral.  

seanheis1

The full measurements that the kipples spit out are super valuable. At $100k-ish they don’t cost much for a business to own. It is a way for smaller (compared to Harman, Kef, etc) companies to do measurements and make better speakers. It is much cheaper than anechoic chambers which can be upwards of a million dollars. When companies want to sell speakers for $30k+ I expect them to invents money and time into design equipment. 

"Nope.  I buy speakers based on my hearing, not a graph made in a testing lab."

This! I agree completely.

"The full measurements that the kipples spit out are super valuable. " In what way? Do these measurements tell me I will like what I hear? No! I am not an ASR minion that needs to be told whether a speaker sounds good or not.

The only figures I look are is the efficiency and the nominal impedance as they will give me an idea if my amplification will drive a speaker without any issues, then I just listen.

If graphs are important to you, check out Ascend Acoustics. They provided them and even included a copy of my specific pair of raal towers in the shipping box. That was more than 10 years ago. I even discussed it with the owner. They were just slightly off the one published, but even better. I no longer own these but have only good memories of them.