Should Amps be plugged into a power conditioner?

Greetings,

After reading about the amplifier hum, it was mentioned that some knowledgeable people say NOT to plug an amp into a power conditioner. Plug it directly into a wall outlet. Thankfully, I do not have a hum issue, but am curious as to what others say about where to plug your amp into. 

Thank you!

jgjg123

I use a power strip in my system but the amps are not plugged into it- they run off of AC lines of which they are the sole user. My preamp is pretty heavily regulated so it tends to be immune to power cords and the like and the rest of the system hardly draws any current, so it works pretty well.

@atmasphere , thank you; as always you provide helpful input. I posted a question on powerstrips a year or two ago, and I will spare you the entire story (because you would get bored and stop reading in short order) but I ran three dedicated lines into my listening room quite some time ago,

and then

I read some posts that made me question what I had done. First there was a thread about dedicated power lines which attracted several replies and also seemed to generate a few other threads on the subject, and although there was not exactly a universal agreement on the subject (surprise!) the take away I kind of got was that one dedicated line would be preferrable to multiple dedicated lines due to the interaction of grounds and neutral wires on the neutral bar. And not only that, I did not route my three dedicated lines in the wall with a lot of space between them, so I guess if rf is the reason for dedicated lines, I’d say that I didn’t achieve anything by that.

Therefore I put all my gear (CDP, pre, amp, sub) on one duplex. In order to do that, I used my glorified power strip for the CDP and the pre and I plugged my amp and sub into a 3 into one adapter/plug that I plugged straight into the wall.

I guess my other option is to connect the duplex that I am using to another duplex (in a series, if I am using the term corr4ectly?) which would give me two more outlets (on one dedicated line) and I would no longer have to use the glorified strip and the 3 into 1 adapter plug. I have kind of been holding off on that because where I have the 3 gang outlet box for my system is not the most comfortable place for me to work.

I have my McIntosh MC611s connected to a Shunyata Typhon T2/Denali 6000/S v2/Omega XC PC combination. I know McIntosh professes a direct connection to the wall, but they should hear what the Shunyata combo does to the sound. Although percentages are difficult to quantify in audio (I will give it a try), there is easily a 50% increase in sound improvement (bass, midrange clarity, soundstage). 

Does this apply to integrated amps as well? I've done both--plugged them into the wall and conditioners. I've never had any hum issues with current int amps or vintage.

I've done both--plugged them into the wall and conditioners.

@bluorion  , do you hear a difference?

@bluorion 

Since integrated amplifiers include a power amplifier, then this discussion would be relevant, but I never had hum of any sort prior to using a conditioner.  A conditioner can change/improve the musical presentation and further quiet the background…but it isn’t an overt hum that most of us are concerned with..