See you all after the elections

Regardless of what political messages are being spread around here it’s unfortunately true that the level of courtesy and how we talk with those we disagree with reaches a fever pitch before elections in the United States.

Too many talking heads in the mass media are modelling too much poor behavior and loathing of "others" and it’s filtering into this place which I like to hang out with for fun and to help others. What should be plain technical discussions are being infused with personal acrimony. If I wanted that for fun I’d work in a call center.

I’m taking a break from the A’gon for a while. I can’t say the toxicity it’s not affecting me either. This place is just not worth the anger and frustration it is causing of late and I certainly don’t want to learn how to behave by modelling that myself. Hopefully when I come back in 2025 Americans will again be relating to other Americans in ways that don’t involve criminalization or demonization and this place will be nicer.  I also really am too old to be having "but he started it" excuses over what should be a fun and meaningful hobby.  Be well all.  See you in a few months.

erik_squires

Sorry to see you go, but I’ve had the same thoughts and probably just stick to the music threads for the duration.

@erik_squires 

I'm afraid, whatever the election's outcome, it will only intensify current tensions but I understand how you feel. 

@erik_squires 

The jackasses who insist on spewing their politics, and opinions of people who don’t align with them should be the ones who are leaving, not you. I have enjoyed the forums since 1998, and I don’t recall this junk being part of the audio forums until recent years. 

Audiogon posts was NEVER so political as 2024!!

Too many members try to squeeze in the rivals between 2 parties in power and it's truly has no place here. In addition to that they also post follow-up threads as to why their politically loaded post being removed...

The site meant to be family situation is being turned into political rivals.

My family would've gone to pieces once the subject is on the line so we don't have those and I'm definitely sure that my family members having different views from mine.

To me election is like: one side = one set of benefits and negatives and another side = another set of benefits and negatives and it's time to plan rather than try to elect. I consider myself as law user (apart from obeying and disobeying) and always think in terms of what new laws can I USE for my own benefit regardless of an election outcome.