Schiit Eitr/Intona Isolator and Aurender N200

I'm always tweaking my system. My wife says it's borderline OCD :-)

Will I derive any sonic upgrades using either a Schiit Eitr or Intona USB 2.0 High-Speed Isolator in an Aurender N200 and ARC REF CD6SE DAC/CD player? 

Thanks!

128x128wharfy

That depends on what the receiving unit has for isolation etc. my guess is the Aurender has sufficient isolation to not require an add on, I don't know anything about the CD player, and not sure why you need a USB input for it unless your using the internal DAC. 

That said Schiit no longer makes the Eitr or at least its not on their web site that i can see.  Personally i would not worry about it. Most newer digital equipment has isolation for the usb input now.  But if you if can try one then maybe. 

I see no need for that with a N200.   That machine already goes to great lengths to give you a pure USB output and Coax out.   

I use a DH Labs Mirage USB on my N200  as it isolates the data from the power in the cable. 

@oddiofyl -

After looking through Aurender threads on other audio websites, I've come to the same conclusion. Aurender has done a terrific job shielding their USB output. Of course, if I had $16,000+ sitting around, I could upgrade and get an Aurender that has outboard word-clocking capabilities. 

I will look into the DH Labs Mirage USB. Thanks!

David