Replacing Parasound A52+ With Anthem MCA 525 Gen2?

Hi all. I've been contemplating something and I could use your help in making sense of it all. So I'm looking to build out a new system where I'll have a 5ch amp power my center and surrounds only. Currently, I'm using Parasound A52+ 5ch amp to power my center (Paradigm Studio Reference v4 CC690) and surrounds (4x Paradigm 25s). It works well for that but I am looking to upgrade my system with the following components:

Pre/Pro: Anthem AVM90
Front L/R: Paradigm Persona 7F
Front L/R Amp: Parasound JC5
Center: Paradigm Persona C
Surrounds: Paradigm 25s (same as before)

So my thought process is this: The Persona C is a huge step up from the Studio v4 CC690 and I feel that it should have more power to get the most out of it. However, while a great amp the A52+'s concession is in it's 4ohm power capability. The amp is rated at 180W x5 into 8 ohm but only 255W x5 into 4 ohm (nowhere close to doubling power). Meanwhile the Parasound 21/51 and the Anthem MCA 525 Gen both are rated at 400W @4ohm, much better than the A52+. The Persona C will likely spend much of it's time closer to 4 ohm rather than 8 ohm based on reviews so I feel it will need something with better 4 ohm capability. To that end I have 2 options:

1. Keep the A52+ and A21 even after getting the JC5 for the front L/R in order to have the A21 power the Persona C directly. The A52+ will only power the surrounds and the JC5 will power the front L/R. The advantage here is I don't have to buy an additional amp and the A21 has 400W into 4ohm
  2. Get an Anthem MCA 525 Gen2 to replace both the A52+ and the A21. The 525 Gen2 will then be used for the Persona C plus the 4 surround speaks and it delivers 400W into 4ohm as well so should be more robust. It's also cheaper than a Parasound A51 by quite a bit and would be a nice match for sister company Paradigm speakers

Option #2 is desired because I would have 1 less amp taking up space and not wasting channels that I don't need.

The question is, do folks feel that the A52+ would be inadequate to power a Persona C given it's low ohm ratings? Would the Anthem MCA 525 Gen 2 be a reasonable upgrade for powering the Persona C specially?

tistru

he center a will work fine with rhe a21the center willnotdropdown to 4ohms very often and unkess you are really cranking it you will be fine

DAVE AND troy

AUDIO INTELLECT NJ

PAPADIGMANTHEM AND PARASOUND DEALERS

Thanks @audiotroy . To be clear, the question is whether the center would be fine with the A52+, which has less 4ohm performance. I'm sure it will work with the A21 that I already have. But the 525 is an option to have a single amp powering the center and 4 surrounds as opposed to having the A52+ powering only 4 surround channels and then keeping the A21 to power the center.

Assuming you are setting most of your speakers to "small" and routing all the bass to your subs you are going to have a tough time getting any more power I think.  A single 5 channel amp is going to be more than enough. 

Post removed