Replacing everything - Speaker Recommendation Request - Under $3,000. With music....

Hi all:

I'm in the process of replacing my current system (Jolida 1501, Onix Rocket RS750), starting with speakers.  I play FLAC or GPM through my PC to a DAC.  

Looking for something that isn't real bright, under $3,000 and would be good with a mix of music including, but not limited to:

Portishead, Yes, Pantera, 2Pac, the Beatles, Al Di Meola, SRV, Pink Floyd, Tool, Kate Bush, etc.  And lots of progressive rock....  :-) 

Only weird issue:  my desk faces the speakers. I have 2 large PC monitors on the desk.  Because of the placement, I can only really hear the speaker on the right (because there's a monitor that blocks the left speaker).  Wondering if there's a speaker that would help with this "spatial?" issue?  

Thank you all!

soundchasr
What you want is called a wave guide. You just need to find one that can guide the wave around your monitor. 
"Only weird issue: my desk faces the speakers. I have 2 large PC monitors on the desk. Because of the placement, I can only really hear the speaker on the right (because there's a monitor that blocks the left speaker). Wondering if there's a speaker that would help with this "spatial?" issue? " 

Maybe Larsen?  

Before you spend money, might try your PMC's facing the ceiling, to reduce the discrepancy between the left and right channels.   Tonal balance will probably be off because they're not designed to be used like this, but it might give you a useful data point.

I have experimented with up-facing speakers but don't have any currently in production.   Something that uses a coaxial is a possibility. 

Duke
1:Elevate monitors.
2:Speakers-Single driver,Omega,Air Tight or Blumenstein..Multi Driver-Dynaudio Excite X14(ports plugged),Dali Minet & Minuet SE..
3:Proper small stands..
Place speakers as far apart ON DESK as possible aimed to meet just behind listening position...
Thank you!  I'm beginning to wonder if I should just ignore this issue for now because I may not keep the layout like that forever and I don't want to base my decision on a simple monitor.

I'll check out Larsen that was suggested. 
I have Spatial M3 Sapphires an Open Baffle Design and they sound great everywhere in the room and in the next room. Amazing design and engineering and price for performance is just so there. 
Looked at Ohm.  They are interesting. I like the 120 day trial.  
I also like the Spatial M3 but they are out of my budget range.  
Freediver - the speakers would be about 8 feet in front of the desk. Sorry if I wasn't clear.   
headphones?

No way that’s too sensible. I’m thinking replace the monitors with a big screen projector and a Stewart Filmscreen StudioTek 130 G4 Projection Screen.
Move the speakers behind you...Honestly until you sort out the placement issue nothing is going to sound good,well headphones aren't a bad solution...
Thanks for the headphones suggestion.  I may consider that in the future but for now I'd like to do speakers.  
Putting the speakers behind is a good suggestion.  Also, thinking of putting a chair in front of the desk when I just want to listen (and not work).  

Based on the above and other research my list is shaping up (and growing):  

Vandersteen Model 2Ce Signature III

Spatial M4 Turbo S

WHARFEDALE - EVO 4.4

Magnepan .7s.

Spatial Audio M3 Triode Masters

Spatial’s Audio M-5’s

Ohm Walsh Tall 1000

Focal Aria 936

What is really a bummer is that I can't demo any of these......  Anyone have strong feelings against any of these that I can remove (keeping in mind my musical taste and ignoring the computer monitor issue - I'll figure that out).

Thanks all again!

I've had a set of Ohm 1000s for a couple of years now. I really enjoy them.
I heard some Mag 1.7s today.  I liked the "openness".  However, they are huge.  Because I liked those I'm thinking I'll like the Spatial speakers.

Since demo-ing is so hard I think I'm just going to pick 3 to buy online and then return 2.  Thinking of Spatial M5, Ohm and not sure about the 3rd.