Record cleaning and realistic expectations

I recently purchased some Audio Intelligence solution #15 enzymatic pre clean to use on my VPI 16.5 prior to my usual cleaning with Disc Doctor cleaning solution followed by 3 distilled water rinses. I picked a record that came from a collection in a particularly moldy house.The record had faint white splotchy marks all over that I assumed were mold. Pretreated with AI #15 for 5 min per AI’s instructions. After cleaning and drying, the record was cleaner, but the splotches remained. Did I do something wrong? Could the splotches be something else?

A second record had inner runout marks I assumed were from the old plastic inner sleeve, but going thru the same process these as well did not clean up as well...Hmmm?

Would an US RCM like a Degritter do a better job?

Thanks for any assistance on this.

jim94025
Post removed 

Few years ago I bought some records off a collector who had them stored for 30+ years never played. Took multiple cleanings with a ultra sonic cleaner and vacuum cleaner to get all the mold out of the groves. Even after a few cleanings I was still getting small amounts of white dust coming out of the groves when played (assuming mold). After a few more cleaning rounds they play wonderfully and sound fantastic. I used on top of the ultra sonic and vacuum dry a carbon brush, used wet, it helps get deeper into the groves. 

Both were UK first pressings, Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here, and Supertramp's Crime of the Century. Best two records I have in my collection for sound quality (3000+ records) also most expensive. Both sound way better then any of the remasters I have. 

Getting back into stereo in 2014 and found an unopened copy of "Crime" from 1985. yes, it really pops.

There is a limit to cleaning. I find that when you are talking about mold or heavy grim extraordinary effort and exotic cleaners only provide a slight improvement.  

I used a VPI 16.5 for years. Now I use a lab grade Elmasonic US machine at 80 KHz. The difference? About as much as upgrading a major component. IMO. YMMV.

But it's not magic. Some records need a lot more attention, some never come around. I use a lab detergent, never considered any audiophile products.