Quick question for the Cables Don't Make a Difference Crowd.

Quick question for the Cables Don't Make a Difference Crowd. 

Why don't you all just completely eliminate cables by buying an all in one with powered speakers using Wi-Fi or BT?  

tkrtrb125

@rodman99999

”Where have you been for the past 3+ years?”

Fighting three free speech cases against the government in court, perhaps?

Now, I didn’t waste my time going through all of your links. Anything that starts out by citing the WSJ (which I have nevertheless subscribed to for 45 years) opinion page on speech is not very credible.

Trust me on this one: I know far more about the 1st Amendment, Public Forum Doctrine etc than you likely ever will.

I got Nino Scalia to agree with me. Twice. Once on the Supremes, the other time at the DC circuit with Bork and Start (I hit the trifecta).

https://www.oyez.org/cases/1994/93-1525

Let’s see how long it takes for Tammy to pull this down.

Wi Fi has a limited bandwidth. For instance with WiFi 6 I get about 365Mbs. With a gigabit wired connection you normally get close to 1Gbs on most networks today. I have heard you can get high definition audio with 100kbs, but I reserve my opinion it does not sound good enough. If you can get 300kbs from a streamer WiFi, it sounds pretty good. I bet on a higher end system than mine, the detailing higher end systems can achieve, that those folks could tell difference in not only bandwidth, but preamp, DAC quality, and power amp quality. The internal components and design make a difference. I think some people in this forum have experience with both wireless vs wired. My question would be if you have a Bluetooth, or wireless setup.....How good is the DAC? How good is the reciever that captures the bits and bytes flying through the air? Of course this is compared to a high end system that is wired. I think the electronics powering the speakers is a Huge concern. It boils down to your ears. I know I can listen to my wired speakers for 4hrs of critcal listening and want more if time permitted.

Trust me on this one...

Uh huh!

"The only thing worse than a lawyer..."

Well: you know the jokes.

Feynman's views are where we should start but in life, decisions have to be made (or else made for us).  In my professions in law, real estate and finance as well as medical and food decisions for family, I have to have conclusions I can act on.  So, based on the information I have at the time, I make a decision.  I've forgotten more than I know. 

As to an all in one system, it serves the purposes for many or most music lovers. For me, I chose to collect the music I want to hear often first, then the equipment to best enjoy their reproduction.  I am not a perfectionist, just an average guy who is a polymath intellectual. It's my orientation, not my intellect that drives me to know more.