Qobuz Connect working Beta demonstration....yay!

As I'm sure many Qobuz users have, I received an email from Qobuz yesterday, linking to a video demonstrating their upcoming Qobuz Connect function. This will be most welcome; something that's been long awaited and requested.

Looking forward to it 👍

128x128painter24

@jbuhl 

Have never listened to radio paradise. If my sound stage got any bigger it would be out of proportion.

I started out with a BDA-3.14 (which is a BDA-3 with a raspberry Pi internally, hence the 3.14).  The internal streamer kept on locking up.  Talked to Bryston and fat story slim they replaced it with a BDA-3 (free. no shipping either way, no tax) amazing customer service.

The thing I did like about MM (via a pc) was that it simply gave the URL to the 3.14 and then stepped out of the way. No music going thru a pc.

The Nucleus+ is outputting a digital stream to the BDA.  I can't say where it lands on the good, better, best scale.  But it sounds fabulous through my system which includes a Ref6 and a bunch of Pass amps. 

Yesterday I received a Roon Nucleus Titan, not in the system yet.  I bought it because I am going to "try" to use the built in room correction and wanted the additional processing power it affords.  Weirdly, to me, it came with the Titan and a power cord and nothing else...zero, nada, nothing!  I guess they expect everything should be done on-line. 

Regards,

barts

@barts 

Weirdly, to me, it came with the Titan and a power cord and nothing else...zero, nada, nothing!  I guess they expect everything should be done

QR code to scan on the side of the box?

From Qobuz's current app, I can use Chromecast to connect directly,  is that not the same?

Unless I'm mistaken, Chromecast is limited to 24/96 resolution, whereas Qobuz goes up to 24/192, which matters to some people.  Also, there are more expensive and sophisticated streamers on the market that many audiophiles prefer.  To be able to use the Qobuz app with a hi-resolution UPnP/DLNA streamer/renderer/DAC would be a big plus for a lot of audiophiles--me included. ;-)