Perlisten S5t

Hello,
For those who have had the opportunity to hear and or own the S5t I am very interested in your impressions/opinions. 
Thank you.

Ag insider logo xs@2xletitbe1306

I have owned a pair of Perlisten S5t speakers for a few months.  I couldn’t audition them, but I had heard the S7t at Capital Audiofest and then for an extended audition at a dealer.  The S5t’s are very similar to the S7t’s, except at the very low end.  I have Wilson SabrinaXs, Sabrina X’s, and Harbeth Compact 7es xdr’s in other systems.

I love the S5t.  For me, the mist distinctive qualities are clarity, transparency, and extended dynamic range.  It compares in overall quality to the SabrinaX.  So, an excellent speaker.  I would say that it has a tiny bit more sparkle and sheen at the top as compared with the SabrinaX’s.  Bass extension is similar to my ears.

caveats:  Different smplification.  The S5t’s are paired with an NAD M33; the SabrinaX with a McIntosh MA-12000, and the Sabrina’s with a Technics SU-R1000.  I have a Luxman L-509z on preorder for the S5t’s.  That may make a noticeable difference,

It’s funny to me to hear people boycott imported products because it’s usually the party that got rid of all the import tariffs that kept American manufacturing price competitive that are doing the loudest whining. We are in a global market and even your precious Harley Davidson is packed full of parts made in China. If we want USA products we have to be willing to pay a living wage. and this is a HIFI forum not a reform America platform. back to the s5t.

Thank you for your take on the S5t, Isolum. 

I am very happy to get your take on the S5t and the Sabrina as the Wilson has my attention also. I feel like the St5 has so much potential in a smaller room with quality solid-state amplification.  Same with the Wilson. Do you know if Perlisten is building all the speaker components entirely in-house?  Also, how long is the break-in on the St5?

I don’t know about the design and manufacturing process at Perlisten.  The S5t’s sounded very good after 12-15 hours and better still after 100 plus.  When I upgraded the amplification to the Technics SU-R1000, there was a noticeable change in dynamics and presence.  Note that the Technics has built in DSP/room-correction.

I listened to the 7st the same day I listened to Focal Kanta 2, Sopra 2 and Magico A3.  No offense to the owners here but they were 4 out of 4….I’m starting to wonder if where you listen to a speaker in the rotation makes a difference in perception.  

@letitbe1306 FWIW I brought a musician friend with me to audition primarily the Focal lines, but we were both blown away by Magico A3….might be a worthy addition to your list. They are better looking in person than they are in pics.