Package sent to wrong address

I recently was selling 2 of the same Krell equalizers. The first one sold about 3 weeks ago and the second one was sold about a week later. Fast forward to Thursday night. I received a call from the buyer of the second purchaser saying that he never received the shipment yet and asked if I had the tracking number. I was very surprised and found the receipt and asked him if he was from Washington as the receipt said. He said no he was in NJ were I live. That shipment should have been there in 2 days. I was now extremely confused. I now looked up the shipping on his purchase and sure enough it said his name but his address was showing Washington. I then looked up the information from the first buyer and the address was the same as the second buyer. I texted a pic of both purchases from him and the first buyer and told him AG had the wrong address down for your shipping address. I explained to him that his address was the same address as the first purchaser. He also went to look it up on AG and sure enough they had the wrong shipping address for him as the same as the first purchaser. Now he then checked his account page and it had his NJ address but his shipping address was showing Washington. Same as the first buyer. I then immediately called up the first buyer and explained the situation and he denied ever getting the second shipment. Now the tracking was showing that it was delivered to him on 2/6 and left at his front door. And no I didn’t get a signature required but if there was one time I should’ve was then. He was a Chinese guy and did sound very nervous and it did sound like he was lying to me. We both wrote emails to AG and they are looking into this very odd situation. I truly believe that it was not my or the second purchasers fault in this transaction / shipping. Also both purchase invoices are not the same numbers. They were 2 different listings, 2 different listings purchasers / I also paid 2 different selling fees when they sold. Now the first purchaser has a second unit for free. I am very upset over this as my record / buyer and seller are perfect. I also feel very bad for the second person and hate that the first purchaser is lying about not getting it. If he was honest we would ship it back to me as I would of paid shipping. Once again AG is saying it’s very ODD and looking into the this. Will keep posted.

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman

@speedthrills Once again u don’t read throughout. I also was sending out a few things that I sold on eBay. So no I do not remember the first buyers address. That was over a week ago when the second Krell sold. I don’t go around remembering peoples addresses. 

Don't you just love answering the same questions over and over from the guys who feel the need to respond but not the need to read the thread?

I have only purchased 2 things off of Audiogon in recent months, both times the seller asked me to verify my shipping address.  Sounds like a pretty good practice to me.

I’ll be the lone voice to support the seller. Just as many say you should verify shipping address, as buyer I ALWAYS independently provide seller with my shipping address. Everyone should do that. 

Because this looks like a scam, he is correct in allowing AG/PP to research and advise. Even though the seller has been paid, a scammer knows he has perfect rating and will reimburse one buyer eventually. Or AG or PP will.

I suggest the seller stay the course. Something is fishy here and I suspect the scammer wins only once he receives the returned payment.

What a mess. I ordered an item that ended up in Guam, but it did eventually find its way to me, in Minnesota, via Hawaii. There are a lot of things to complain about when it comes to Pay Pal, but that fee is cheap insurance against just such an occurrence (temptation).  I doubt a conspiracy to defraud, maybe more of a "Pennies From Heaven" situation.  Culturally, this country is heading for a dumpster fire. Even just four years ago, the inclination of a person receiving a "free" item would be different than it is today. Four years ago could you have imagined someone filling the shopping cart to the brim with valuable merchandise and walking out of the front door of a store without paying?