Oppo UHP 205 Universal Player

Hello.  Have an opportunity to purchase a mint condition Oppo 205 universal player for $2,500.  I'm heavily into multi-channel SACD and Blu-Ray music playback.  Seem like a reasonable deal?  Any other suggestions?

Ag insider logo xs@2xdrlou77

@drlou77 

Pure Music is the Player section of Pure Vinyl. This is the program Michael Fremer uses to record vinyl to his hard drive. You can buy Pure Music separately. It is an Apple specific program that uses iTunes (Music) and all of its functionality to library the music. It then plays the music from there in any codec.  It is like a high test JRiver. I use Pure Vinyl to raid everyone's record collections to record rare and special records. It also has a very effective pop and click eliminator. 

Check it out at Channel D's web site. 

@mijostyn 

Thank you.  I’ll check it out.

I didn’t mention that I also have about 1,000 LPs.  Yeah, it’s a bit of an obsession this hobby.

I have several rare records too.  How do you digitize them - through some sort of tape loop?  If you have a moment, I’d be interested to know more about it.

Thanks.

I now have the new Magnetar UDP 900 and for almost the same price of a used Oppo 205 without warranty, support, and parts available, the Magnetar 900 is a no brained. The video and the audio of the new Magnetar UDP 900 is in a whole new level. Ok so I paid $3k for the UDP 900 but for me it’s worth every penny, I highly recommend it specially if you have a collection of SACD and like to use the 7.1 analog output. This unit is a beast at 35lbs. Yes Oppo UDP 205 is a great unit but title has the old technology and it’s not worth the price they’re asking for a used one.

@drlou77 ,

Pure Vinyl uses your hard drive like a tape machine. You record record by digitizing it in real time and placing the file, like any other file, on your hard drive. 

https://www.channld.com/purevinyl/