Oppo UHP 205 Universal Player

Hello.  Have an opportunity to purchase a mint condition Oppo 205 universal player for $2,500.  I'm heavily into multi-channel SACD and Blu-Ray music playback.  Seem like a reasonable deal?  Any other suggestions?

Ag insider logo xs@2xdrlou77

Showing 3 responses by miketuason

I now have the new Magnetar UDP 900 and for almost the same price of a used Oppo 205 without warranty, support, and parts available, the Magnetar 900 is a no brained. The video and the audio of the new Magnetar UDP 900 is in a whole new level. Ok so I paid $3k for the UDP 900 but for me it’s worth every penny, I highly recommend it specially if you have a collection of SACD and like to use the 7.1 analog output. This unit is a beast at 35lbs. Yes Oppo UDP 205 is a great unit but title has the old technology and it’s not worth the price they’re asking for a used one.

I’m really liking my Magnetar UDP 900 more and more, it’s like the more you use the better it gets on both video and audio.

I have compared my Magnetar UDP900 to my friends Oppo 205 and my old Oppo 95 and I must say the video on the 900 is so much superb for both bluray and 4K video and the audio ihas the Audiophile quality sounds, some even consider it a reference level and I can easily agree to that. It may be on the high price but to me it’s worth every penny.