Omega speakers -- mostly sold out, all the time?

I've always been curious about Omega speakers, especially because I have tube amps.

It seems that whenever I go to their website, most of their products have a SOLD OUT banner across the speaker.

Does anyone know the backstory with Omega? Are they a company in trouble? Why would a company be mostly sold out for most models, most of the time?

I ask this respectfully and with genuine affection for a boutique builder like Omega.

128x128hilde45

@oddiofyl  In your smaller room I have to believe the Omegas will perform very well indeed.  I use mine in a second system where the room is much larger and is open to the upper level of our home and with a 4wpc SET they generate wonderful rich sound with a spl that is more than adequate for the type of music I use these for.

@decooney 

I agree with you that I’m also not a fan of someone changing designs all the time either.  However, the Super 3XRS’s haven’t changed at all except to install a superior driver.  I had a pair of them a few years ago; they were quite nice.

The other pair of Omegas that I owned were an early pair of Grande 8’s in Sapele.  They were a rare pair of dual front port wide baffle speakers that Louis only made a few pair of, that he actually preferred to the later smaller front baffle speaker.  The wide baffle ones were more expensive to produce.

I've owned several pairs of Omegas and I prefer his Alnico drivers. Currently with a set of Super Alnico Monitors in customer burled walnut and fumed oak. 

@hilde45 

Maybe Louis read your comment LOL.. take a look now, is that better?

https://omegaloudspeakers.com

I should be hearing from Louis pretty soon.  Have a new Integrated Amp and REL 10"  sub that's been displaced from my main system to go with them.    Should be a nice compact system.   I'm using the tiny shoe box footprint Cyrus i7-XR and it is such a great little amp.  Built in DAC and Phono , headphone amp ....   sounds like a real HiFi amp should .   Sounds good !   I ran it with my Fortes for a few weeks . Am using it with some 25 y.o. Sonus Concertos right now.     Those things are  real power hogs , 85 dB sens and this amp never sounds strained.  Those 40 watts will go a long way with the S.A.M.s .  

I think he leaves many sold items up to show what he can do with different finishes etc. your over thinking this.