Niagara 1200 and subwoofers

Hello, I've got my eye on the 1200 but need two of them. I have 12 pieces to plug in. I'm not worried about stuff like Bluesound node 2, Fios box,, dvd player rarely used... other than my Anthem AV receiver,  Anthem str amp, Parasound 220 x 5 amp, plus two Rythmik subs. It seems I need 5 of the high current outlets when there are only 4 total. My plan is to use a splitter to plug in the subs. Will that work? 

Also, I'm thinking of the Niagara 5000 as an upgrade because it's obviously better and has the 4 high current outlets and 12 total, and in the used market it's not too much of a jump in price for me. It actually offers less outlets than I need but I'm sure it could work,, but the size of it is the #1 negative for me.. my plan is to hide it behind my stack. A bit difficult compared to two separate 1200's. Leaning towards the 1200 especially if i can get a multi discount somewhere or used...  I have a dedicated 20 amp line but it's to more than one receptacle behind my AV equipment. I can run a 10g new line as my panel is 10 ft from my system, but not eager to move my whole 'never want to touch' stack. 

So can I use a 2 to 1 for the 2 subs? Any other ideas?

Thanks

cissado
Hmm, it depends upon the load your subs make, as well as all the additional equipment.
I would just call AQ and get their take on this.
FWIW, I plug my subs directly into wall outlets on the same circuit.
In fact, I plug anything with an amp, directly into the wall.
Bob
Yes, I'm plugging all amps into the wall as well. Just from reading, I got scared into the power strip will rob your system of dynamics etc etc.... I currently use a Furman 8 outlet strip that I plug ancillary stuff into, but have heard great things about the Niagara. If I could physically fit the 5000 I would probably get it, but the 2 1200's are more convenient. 

I think the subs are 950- 1000 watt each. Maybe I'll be forced to run that separate circuit after all.  The AV receiver doesn't really use much because of the external amp. It does add up though. The Anthem str is 600wpc x 2.

More to think about.
Thanks for the reply.

Right, you do not want to plug your amplifiers and subwoofers into the same unit as your low level equipment. The subwoofers should be plugged into the closest outlet. Same for the amplifiers. 
So, what am I doing with the Niagara 1200? My Bluesound Node 2 and roku stuff? I am mainly getting the Niagara for the amps. The subwoofer at certain times of the day has a slight hum. I was hoping to get rid of it with this conditioner. Also, if I go very close to the speakers' tweeter, I hear a faint hiss. I was hoping that would be alleviated as well. Having said that, I do hear a very low noise floor as people call it, so I'm not sure what else to look for after getting the Niagara.

I'm in the process of buying the 1200. I just have to let the dealer know if I want one or two right now. 

Does anyone plug their amps into the Niagara? Now I'm confused. I've heard a lot of good things about them, but didn't realize this.
Just ordered one. I'll see how it works before I buy the 2nd one. Eta is a few weeks... so a bit of waiting. Thanks for the replies.

If I get some energy, maybe I'll try the 10 gauge new line, but today I ran an extension cord from a dedicated outlet in my house to the subwoofer and still had the same hum. So, not sure if that would help. Its all pretty new construction. I'm betting on the Niagara working.  We'll see.
The Niagra can only do so much.
When it comes to buzz and hum, there are a number of things that can cause it- and much of it comes down to the design of the amps and their interaction with preamps.
I know, as I had a horrible buzz when I tried to use my tube preamp with solid state. It seems the Circlotron circuit has a predilection to make noise with SS sometimes-At least that is what my dealer says.
Anyhow, when it comes to hum/buzz, try some cheater plugs (non grounded plugs) and see if it resolves the problem. If so, then I can PM you someone on Agon who can help you stablize the system properly.
Bob
Thanks Bob.
I asked AQ about the 2 units and they said to omit the AV Receiver because I'm using it like a preamp. Then I'll have enough to connect everything. 

I don't get the hum all the time. When it does come, it is every 30 seconds for a length of 3-5 seconds. 

I was eager to try that separate circuit but it didn't change. I need more troubleshooting at this point.

Thanks again. 
@OP,
That bit of info makes me think there is something on or near your power line. 
Think - A Dimmer, refrigerator or is there a neon sign nearby?
Search the Audiogon library. I recall that there was another member that had a similar situation. In his/her case, there was a neon sign, if I recall correctly.
Bob
I just searched and read the thread you mentioned. The guy had a noise every 8 minutes and it was his security system. 

I do have a wireless camera nearby and a wifi router nearby. I'll have to check them at some point. It won't be easy, so I'll leave it for now.

The subwoofer is part of my HT system and I hear it when the AV receiver is OFF and only the TV is on. The sub is not on at all when this noise happens.

Anyway, no big deal. Thank you. If I ever find the solution, I'll post back here for anyone who may be interested.
Just wanted to post an update. I did run a new 10-2 dedicated circuit and plugged in the subwoofer directly to it. I still get the hum every 30 seconds or so. Sometimes 60 seconds. 

The Niagara 1200 is coming today, so I'll see what happens with the system as a whole plugged into it. I'm sure it will be a step up from the power strip i currently have.
@OP, 
getting a hum/buzz for 30 or 60 second intervals sounds like there is something on or near the circuit
Neon lights, dimmers, refrigerators seem to be the usual suspects.
Do you have a TV in the mix?
Bob
The hum lasts for roughly 5 seconds and comes every 30 seconds. Sometimes every 60 seconds. Seems to start after 6AM for some reason. At 3, 4 or 5AM, it does not seem to do it.

I installed the conditioner today but still awaiting a second one. If this persists after the new dedicated circuit, and the conditioners, then I will just leave it. I won't go crazy over it because it does sound good otherwise. 
It's odd because the sub hum is when the av system is off and only the TV is on.
Weird that it starts after 6AM.
Are you near a business?
I recall another thread where the OP's system was being affected by a business on the ground floor.
Maybe the TV or the set top box, or router? 
Just guessing here.
Though you are probably not going to do it. I think the only way to track the problem is to shut everything off at the breaker box -except the stereo circuit and turn on each breaker one by one.
B
For what it is worth now, I plug my tube mono blocks directly into my Niagara 7000. 

I also for a time, had my JL Fathoms F-113 plugged into the same Niagara. But since I have 3 dedicated circuits I now plug the Fathoms into a Niagara 1200 on a different line (same leg).

The Niagara's are a different animal than most power conditioners. They are designed to improve the dynamics for amplifiers. Better than straight to the wall!

ozzy
It's funny, I saw that thread with the link to a coax filter and realized I have one sitting on my desk for many years. Maybe I'll put that in to try. 

I've filled up the first Niagara and won't get the second until December,  so I'll have to wait a while. 

Today around 7 am I heard the hum for 3 or 4 cycles, then it stopped.  Had i went and turned off breakers at that point,, i would have been stumped from the coincidence. Maybe it is from a neighbor using stuff, I don't know. It's a residential area, so no businesses with signs and stuff. And in the morning when all is quiet, there is nothing on in my house. No lights, nothing. Briefly the fridge goes on and off but it does not correspond with the hum.

Thanks again, if I find anything, I'll post here. 

I remember many years ago using a coax filter and losing some of my TV channels. Not sure if it was this piece  I have now or a power strip with a filter connection  on it. Just fyi...
Like others have said it could be a ground loop from cable TV.  Just disconnect your TV cable and see if the hum goes away.
I had hum issues with 2 JL fathom 212v2s. After a lot of research I solved it with a filter on the coax going into my TiVo and then purchased a CMX-2 from Emotiva. I think it handles something called DC offset and it solved my problem. I have both subs plugged into in unit. 
Here's a semi update. First, thank you again to everyone here. I've reread the posts and you guys were all very helpful!
I think Esthlos13 above hit it on the head. After trying a bunch of stuff, running new 10g circuit, Niagara 1200 PC, etc etc... I believe it is the DC offset issue. I am the perfect candidate fir that as the hum is intermittent and cycles every 30-120 seconds. I ordered an Emotiva cmx-2 and will plug the subwoofer into it.  We'll see what happens.  I'm wondering if I should plug both subs into the unit or not. I'm not crazy about using this bandaid but we'll see what happens. 

I also wonder if I should plug in the Emotiva into the wall, then the whole Niagara and it's plugs into the Emotiva. My thinking is I may have noise or hum that I just don't hear and if I plug everything into it, I should help things. Or if it ain't broke?

I'll let you guys know if the hum gets fixed from the DC offset fix with the Emotiva cmx-2.  

Thanks again. 
Another update, the Emotiva cmx-2 has eliminated the hum on my subwoofer. I probably should experiment with plugging other things on there including my 2nd subwoofer, but for now I’m getting no hum and am happy.

The Emotiva cmx-2 definitely works if you have DC offset hum.