New Synergistic Master Fuse

New From VH Audio,

Synergistic Master Fuse cost $595.00

I'll stick with Orange Fuses.

128x128cincyjim

There is an issue with SR’s purple fuse in Primaluna power amps - the power is prone to blowing at power startup these fuses at Pl’s stated fuse rating of 3.15 amps. PL advised me to use the SR Purple fuse rated at 4 amps. This has worked fine for the past year.

The EVO preamp will run SR purples at the "book" fuse rating no problem.

I installed an SR Master Fuse in my two month old Holo Audio May Level 3 Kitsune dac a couple of days ago. There are SR Purples everywhere else in my system all installed last year.

The Master Fuse made a heck of a difference for the better after about 20 hours of play. All of the usual parameters we pay attention to were improved. Go figure.

The Master fuse resolves the “are fuses directional” debate. They are directional, and it is not subtle.

@ozzy 

do you mean QSA Black/Rec? There is no Red/Black.

Deciphering Audiophile fuses was frustrating, especially since QSA prices got very steep in a hurry.  So I was leaning towards the lower cost  Swiss Digital Fuse Box. But your positive review of the new SR Master fuse vs your QSA makes the SR fuse a viable economical choice.  Thanks for sharing.

Still debating of Furutech GTX outlets vs QSA steep prices.  Also, still trying to grasp if QSA jitter plugs should be on my radar.  

There are so many high end and very often super expensive fuses out now and it's so difficult to actually compare them unless you want to spend a boatload of money and then hope to sell the ones that don't synergize with one's system

You have the:

-Synergistic Research Master and Pink fuses.

-Telos Audio Design Quantum X2.

-Acme Audio CFC Silver Cryo fuses (cheap and effective).

-Audio Magic Masterpiece M2.

-Alan Maher Designs Fourier.

-The various QSA fuses up to their ultra expensive Gold fuse.

-The HiFi Tuning Supreme Diamond Silver fuse.

-Wilmer Red, Black, and Blue Knight fuses (cheaper than all but the Acmes).

-Verictum X and X2 fuses.

I'm probably forgetting some. All but the Acme and Wilmer Knight fuses cost over $100 each, the Alan Maher and Synergistic Pink $250, the Audio Magic M2 $300, The Synergistic Maser $600, and the QSA's up to several thousand dollars (there's no material beneficial to a fuse that should cost thousands even if you fill it with holey graphene, borophene, and 99.9% pure lab grade quartz). Imagine wanting to compare the lot of these then waiting to sell off the ones that didn't work as well.

At least Synergistic has a money back trial period, but I really wish they didn't have the "new more expensive fuse every year" model. I liked the Alan Maher $100 fuse from 4-5 years ago enough to upgrade to his Fourier fuse in a some items that could use it (two power conditioners) and aren't sensitive to creating blown fuses. I had an amp in my entertainment center setup that blew a fuse even connected to an Uninterruptable Power Supply, just because the power went out for a long enough time while it was on, so it's getting the Acme CFC silver cryo fuse and only that, can't afford anything more expensive.