New SS integrated choice....Rotel 1572Mk2, Audiolab 7000A, Exposure 2510

OK, got sick for awhile and off course on buying a new integrated to replace Marantz PM8005 to be moved to office. Looking to upgrade my sound quality overall.  (Was looking at Belles Aria but got off the record feedback units have been having some higher than average issue rates so I am moving onto other options.) Reviews online got me focused on 3 in particular, none of which I have heard before namely Rotel 1572MK2, Audiolab 7000a or 9000a and Exposure 2510. First two are readily available and I can get shipped to Hawaii free which is attractive as it saves $150-200. I want new because it ups odds of satisfaction especially as no techs in HI. Will drive Kef R300s or Ohm Walsh 2-100s in 14 x14 LR with arched 9 ft ceilings rising to 20 feet. Looking to keep costs below $3k new. I dont know what the "British" sound really means...only have heard Rega Brio which was fine but sideways move. Interested in feedback from anyone familiar with these brands, sound characteristics, reliability, etc. Aloha.

joekapahulu

I guess more detail, clarity and separation of instruments, more realistic sound of music.

At your higher budget level you should take a hard look at the Hegel H390 as it will give you what you’re looking for in spades.  Here’s a good review in case it’s helpful…

https://www.soundstagehifi.com/index.php/equipment-reviews/1365-hegel-music-systems-h390-integrated-amplifier-dac

Thanks SOIX for all your input. I am going to wait until I go back to the Mainland and check out the HEGEL amps. It means I will end up waiting a bit or will get an interim unit that can later function as a backup in its box in the closet. I was listening to one of my systems last night had the thought of "what would be good separates"....almost forgot that this is driven in part by my wife wanting "less crap" in the living room.....

Add the “Advance Paris” A10 Classic to your list to investigate.  Company has a lot of history in Europe and now in the American Market.  Listened to this amp at length at the recent Florida Audio Expo.  Price was excellent for the quality and the options included.  It combines an ECC81/12AT7 tube preamplifier with a 2x130W class AB push-pull amplifier that has a high bias switch to provide a few extra class A watts when employed.  MM phono, DAC, Tape Loop, Sub outs, and an optional wireless input/blue tooth input.  All for under your stated cost range new.