NEW PROTOTYPE FUSES COMING >>>

I’ve been asked to evaluate/beta test some new fuses that will be coming out soon. I should have them as soon as this coming Saturday.

At this point:

1. I cannot reveal the name of the manufacturer of the fuses.
2. I do not know what the retail price will be.
3. I do not know what the name of the fuse will be.

For comparison purposes, I have a full complement of SR Orange fuses that can be used throughout the system. I have one QSA Yellow fuse now being used in my ARC-PH8 phono stage, with another one to arrive soon to be used in my ARC REF-75se.

I’ll be comparing the SR Orange fuses, and the QSA fuses, with the new prototype fuses. I’ll also be using the ears of three of my well-seasoned audiophile friends, as well as my own to make the evaluations. These guys are all truth-tellers that I have full confidence in.

According to the manufacturer, these new fuses are real game-changers, so stay tuned.

Frank
128x128oregonpapa
jafant ...

• "Yes! the Pioneer Elite 59-AVi is a very fine player. Will you trade out any Fuse(s) in that spinner ?"

I took the lid off and there is no fuse that can be removed. Before I sent the player to Grover, I compared it to my Grover-modified Pioneer Elite DV-05. The DV-05 was better by a large margin. When I got the 59-AVi back from Grover ... Wow! It walked all over the DV-05 ... and also my tube ARC-CD7se. 

Grover Huffman is the man!

Frank
vgmbpty >>>

• "I'm 55, and hope to someday reach your age, still enjoying this hobby and having the clarity of mind you do Sir."

Thanks.

One thing I'm really thankful for is that the hearing is still really good. My granddaughter is a speech pathologist, and she has checked me out. She says that she's astounded at how well I hear for my age. The mind is still sharp, the hearing is still good, but the body is going in the crapola. Some things that help: I read challenging books, do a lot of crosswords, listen to a lot of music, fool with my record collection a lot ... AND all of my friends are 20-30 years younger than I. That makes a difference. 

We live in an age where people my age become invisible to the younger set. It's too bad because they could learn a lot from older folks. We not only know history, but we have also lived it. Unfortunately, some of that history is doing a U-turn and is about to bite us in the ass. Most young people are oblivious to it. Too bad for them. They will be paying dearly.

Take care ... 

Frank 
If someone believes that changing power cords will make a difference, y not a fuse? It is much more effective than changing power cords as it locates even closer to the internal hookups. 

The problem is that it has too much influence on sound, its really hard to find a perfectly balance one without altering the signature.

So far i've been tried Brimar, ph zero, hifi-tuning cardas, supreme, sr blue and orange. I ended up by using the Schurter the most and only keep 1 sr orange.
"The noise floor with all the stuff I have now is so low it is spooky the stuff you can hear." Halloween is early, eh millercarbon?