New Cary DMS 700

I have the 600 and it is a great piece. 

The 700 looks to be on the next level. Ladder dac

https://carydirect.com/shop-now/dms-700.html
128x128benzman
Congrats on the upgrade. I am going start at 2.0 V when mine arrives tomorrow as my pre has a lot of gain already. Will provide additional thoughts once I break in. Looking forward to the fire up of the 700. It should be a significant upgrade for me as I have been streaming through an Astell&Kern portable.
Post removed 
Thanks Benzman. I see now it says in the manual that the Fuse is not user serviceable. Hopefully it doesn't void the warranty if you replace it. I'm interested to know if you hear an improvement!
Thanks jmbumgarner01. At the 2V setting my BHK Preamp volume is often set to between 15dB and 20dB of signal attenuation (i.e a vol of 40-50) .. and thats with my amps set at their lower 23dB gain setting. But 3V is only 3.5dB more than 2V so I will try that too at some point.
What’s kinda cool with the Cary,if the remote talks with any of the other equipment ( as mine did with the Rogue RP 7) their is a second remote code. 
I have been running the unit continuously since Friday ~40 hours. Sounded excellent right out of the box but continuing to improve. Streaming Tidal through 5G and using my flac files on ssd. I have excellent 5G reception. This piece does so many things right. Soundstage is very wide and deep, On Ron Carters Foursight Complete Stockholm Tapes it recreates a live concert experience. 
Upper octave Violins and vocals are smooth and airy. Cymbal clash and decay is solid also if maybe slightly less than my vinyl rig. No digital harshness which is sweet. It did freeze up once will running over night and had to be reset.

Agree with prior comments that while improving substandard cd source material it helps them but is not a miracle worker. I have not heard the Lumin’s but like benz I suspect that in my system this is a better match as my Magnepan’s and Thiel’s  are already very detailed. 
I have not done much A/B with my vinyl rig or tried hard wired ethernet yet since I have been so happy with what I am hearing thus far. Plan on that over next few days. 
UPDATE and warning !! Just installed the SR Orange after about 200 hours You only have to remove the 6 perimeter black screws on the bottom of the chassis. The seventh is a silver screw next to the rear left leg DO NOT REMOVE. It is actually the post for the IEC input connecting to the power board. The nut will come off inside the unit and when you flip it over who knows where it will go. I was lucky as it fell right out along with the lock washer. Super easy by just removing the perimeter 6 screws. I won’t comment on sound as I always give the fuses a few days. Just wanted to get this out there.
I would like to edit the first post but once it’s commented on it wont let me. If a mod sees it please remove
thanks,
Russ
cool. I was able to delete the previous post. 
I updated the firmware on my DMS-600 and I swear it sounds better.  Maybe PG&E just delivering cleaner power all of a sudden? :-)
Anyone have updates on this piece of kit? I’m curious as to how this sounds compared to the say and Aurender A30, which looks to have a much more sophisticated analog and power architecture, or the DirectStream DAC and bridge combo.
Another happy DMS-600 owner here. I’m intrigued about the 700 based on the comments here. Would like to hear more from those who went from the 600 to the 700 in particular. 
I went from the 600 to 700. 700 sounds better all the way around. Much more defined bass and an improved midrange. Vocals with much more texture. The interface is much improved.  If you are a Roon user I think there would be better ways to upgrade for the price diff. 6k new for the 700 and approx 3500 resale of the 600
I am happy with the 700 for a 1 box solution that sounds really good. 
Do you change the power cord? What power cord do you use? Lumin T2 or DMS 700, Finally I chose 700,  I have placed the order. Now I am finding the power cord. Do you have any suggestions? thank you!
Definitely upgrade the power cord. I have an Audience au24se MP on mine. You probably can upgrade for a couple of hundred. Check out the used section. A medium rating is fine. You do not need one designed for power amps. I threw a SR orange fuse in mine. Not sure it made a big difference but it didn’t hurt. The 700 stays on 24/7 so sure it’s broken in now and sounds pretty damn good. You made a good move. I know it cost you a few more bucks but the Cary will mate with much more equipment than the Lumin
Thanks Benzman!17 years ago I bought Audience aR6 power condition, expensive but I am very happy with the performance. I will try their power cord. Now I feel some accessories have to buy, EtherRegen, SOtM dcbl  Cat 7,and fuse. Good quality fuse improve SQ. This is my experience. My 700 will come next week, very excited !

@benzman. I’m only interested in Qobuz/Roon at this point and do not own a digital library. In your opinion is a used 600 where I should spend the cash vs a new 700. Did I understand that correctly? The market is optimal right now, maybe because of UI but I don’t ever plan to use their app. Thanks in advance for your insight. 
Sorry I missed this. So 6,000 new vs 3,500 used
the 700 does sound better. I would say 10-15%
the 700 has a much better interface. But if you are using Roon it becomes a moot point. So if I was a Roon user and did not have a hi resolving system and room I would look for a 600 ( although there may be a part that Cary says that can’t get anymore)
But if you have a pretty decent system and can hear changes in your system pretty easily go for the 700. Either way the both sound very good and easy to listen too
Hello out there in audiophile land. I just ordered a DMS-700 arriving this week. Pairing it with an ARC LS-28 and a REF 75 SE.  A couple of questions regarding tweaking the sound.  Does a different power cable make an audible difference? I also read some of the post regarding the EtherRegen what does the device actual do? Clean up the ethernet signal? Is there that much noise in a ethernet cable?Has anyone compared the Cary DMS-700 to the ARC DAC 9 with and Aurender streamer?Feedback appreciated.
i just bought the IFI Zen Streamer it $399 and sounds utterly transparent. looking for a new DAC to pair it with. i must say my venerable NAD D1050 is providing more than adequate for now running Roon.  Rega speakers and electronics.

benzman

Yes! I was curious about the difference(s) between a 600SE and 700 models. Minus the cd player capability.

Happy Listening!

I know this is an old thread but I'm curious if anyone has first hand experience with the DMS-650 and DMS-700. Searching for as much information as possible, to determine which of those models to purchase utilizing Cary Direct upgrade/trade program.

Congrats on the purchase!  I've had mine for a couple of years now and no regrets.  I like the option to use it as a standalone streamer and add a separate DAC if and when I get the urge to try an upgrade as technology improves, but I'm definitely not there yet.  For reference, my other components are Reference 3A Reflector speakers, Backert Labs Rhumba Extreme preamp, and Coincident Frankenstein 300B mono-blocks.  Also, I think you're buying it at the best price they've ever offered.