New Cary DMS 700

I have the 600 and it is a great piece. 

The 700 looks to be on the next level. Ladder dac

https://carydirect.com/shop-now/dms-700.html
128x128benzman

Showing 5 responses by jmbumgarner01

So has anyone got the 700 hooked up and running yet?I am in the same boat as many, looking at the T2  and the 700. Cary is really running behind as I ordered a slp-05 preamp to audition on 12/23 and still nothing at the door. Currently running Magnipan 3.7’s & Thiel 2.4’s with a Pass X250.8 so I do like detail but hoping the Cary pre will slightly smooth the highs on some digital recordings. If it does then I may be more inclined to go the T2 route as lumin has a decent app as well.
Excellent thread and info. Greatly appreciated but now you guys finally convinced me to pull the plug on the 700, ordered on today.
Yippee....after reading all the potential ethernet upgrades I guess it is silly to ask but I will anyway.....has anyone tried the 5 G wifi connection to see how much sound quality suffers? 
Also,  I have my 800 or so cd’s all ripped to flac on a usb ssd and plan on attaching them to the 700, any issues with that ? I absolutely love my vinyl on Rega P8 and am hoping the 700 will help bring my digital to a similar affection in my system.

@joseph and benz....agreed the only unfortunate side effect of upgrading to better equipment is the highlighting of poor recording/mix/production flaws....alas it is not a perfect world...ha
Congrats on the upgrade. I am going start at 2.0 V when mine arrives tomorrow as my pre has a lot of gain already. Will provide additional thoughts once I break in. Looking forward to the fire up of the 700. It should be a significant upgrade for me as I have been streaming through an Astell&Kern portable.
My ssd’s are 1 TB so looks like that is no problem.

My thinking on the 5G is that if I have no ethernet cables etc that there is no way to introduce additional noise (and $ to me upgrading everything). My 5G router from verizon gives me north of 100 Mbps so if the Cary antenna can pull that in reliably all should be good. Will have to experiment and see.

Has anyone played with the upsampling yet?
let us know how the fuses go.
I have been running the unit continuously since Friday ~40 hours. Sounded excellent right out of the box but continuing to improve. Streaming Tidal through 5G and using my flac files on ssd. I have excellent 5G reception. This piece does so many things right. Soundstage is very wide and deep, On Ron Carters Foursight Complete Stockholm Tapes it recreates a live concert experience. 
Upper octave Violins and vocals are smooth and airy. Cymbal clash and decay is solid also if maybe slightly less than my vinyl rig. No digital harshness which is sweet. It did freeze up once will running over night and had to be reset.

Agree with prior comments that while improving substandard cd source material it helps them but is not a miracle worker. I have not heard the Lumin’s but like benz I suspect that in my system this is a better match as my Magnepan’s and Thiel’s  are already very detailed. 
I have not done much A/B with my vinyl rig or tried hard wired ethernet yet since I have been so happy with what I am hearing thus far. Plan on that over next few days.