New Buchardt S400 Signature

http://hifitrends.com/2019/12/26/buchardt-audio-unveils-tantalizing-new-version-of-celebrated-s400-s...

Improved Crossover: The Signature is equipped with an High-End crossover made by the Danish Jantzen Audio team. We use Superior caps for the tweeter network and Cross caps for the woofer network. All inductors are baked air coils for low distortion. Resistors are Superres 1% tolerance.

✓ HDF cabinet construction for improved stiffness.

✓ Internal Silver wires with teflon isolation.

✓ Custom acid treated terminal plate made from solid brass with brass screws.

Seems like some of the criticisms I’ve read are being addressed.

for what it’s worth...
gochurchgo
I kept checking for the signature model. I missed one or two days and now they are all sold out again.

Sigh
25 pairs made available Jan 2nd, as of today the 3rd, there are 3 pair still available. I’m just a customer, no other connection.

https://www.buchardtaudio.com/shop/s400-signature-edition
Does anyone know if these speakers sound great at low volume?

I know some speakers fall flat at low volume and don't even come alive until they are cranked a little.

Joe

They needed to be cranked up to sound their best to me which is why I sent them back and moved on to the Fritz Carrera Be. Where I was going to use them that wouldn't have worked. This is the same conclusion Srajen came to in his review that Mads doesn't have referenced on the website. If you can turn them up they are pretty amazing for the price.
If you go on Youtube both ZERO FIDELITY and THE NEXT BEST STUDIO state that these can play at low volume. One stated in a follow up review that they should be in the 60DB range to sound their best. These need at least 500 hours of Break-In so maybe some people haven’t given them enough time to reach their potential. Also note that according to the different reviewers some people hear a difference between the SE version and the standard while others do not. Even Mads...the maker of these...says the difference is small. So if you don’t like the finish of the SE version you might want to save the extra $1000 and just get the standard in your choice of finish. The amount of Bass these produce is probably the only reason I am gun shy. On the + side for me is that its very forgiving of poorly recorded music which most Rock n Roll is.