Napping while listening

I got this thing where I feel like need a nap so I lay on the floor where I am not to comfortable to fall dead asleep, turn on the rig and usually fire up radio paradise as they have a good eclectic stream. If a track has a good enough hook I can kinda hang and ride on it in this half in/out state. Really fun. Tonight ,Tomorrow Never Knows comes on. Wow , best ride yet, Ringo’s drums. I guess I never realized how he just keeps that same tom/snare beat going through the entire track without a fill or any change. Totally makes the track for me and so trippy hearing it in a dream like state.

128x128jbuhl

Retirement has solved that problem.  I highly recommend it.

My only hope is reincarnation...

@mahler123 I have 5 years and 10 months till retirement and I think about it every single day.  Can;t wait to join the ranks. 

I am 67 with no plans of retiring. 

I don't think I've ever felt like napping when I listen. If I am that tired, I will usually refrain from listening, or keep it short.

Also, most of the music I listen to is not really conducive to falling asleep to. It tends to require a certain level of focus, and concentration. Much of it is not exactly 'easy listening'. 

Also, most of the music I listen to is not really conducive to falling asleep to. It tends to require a certain level of focus, and concentration. Much of it is not exactly ’easy listening’.

@simonmoon I certainly get that. Usually when I sit down for a real listening session it involves content that I would never have on while doing the aforementioned. Like Jazz.

I'm 66 and no plans to retire either.  

I don't go to bed without turning on some Japanese Samurai Zen ambient or pretty much any oriental ambient especially ones including flute or fiddle.

Getting asleep for me is a CHALLENGE, but certain music and certain wines (Pinot Noir is primary choice) at dinner really help to do so without any Rx drugs.

I don't see myself as retired at all and planning to stay onsite for as long as I can.