My Long List of Amplifiers and My Personal Review of Each!

So I have been in a long journey looking to find the best amplifiers for my martin logan montis. As you know, the match between an amplifier and speakers has to be a good "marriage" and needs to be blend exquisitely. Right now, I think I might have found the best sounding amplifier for martin logan. I have gone through approximately 34-36 amplifiers in the past 12 months. Some of these are:

Bryston ST, SST, SST2 series
NAD M25
PARASOUND HALO
PARASOUND CLASSIC
KRELL TAS
KRELL KAV 500
KRELL CHORUS
ROTEL RMB 1095
CLASSE CT 5300
CLASSE CA 2200
CLASSE CA 5200
MCINTOSH MC 205
CARY AUDIO CINEMA 7
OUTLAW AUDIO 755
LEXICON RX7
PASS LABS XA 30.8
BUTLER AUDIO 5150
ATI SIGNATURE SERIES 6005

With all that said, the amplifiers I mentioned above are the ones that in my opinion are worth mentioning. To make a long story short, there is NO 5 CHANNEL POWER AMP that sounds as good as a 3ch and 2ch amplifier combination. i have done both experiments and the truth is that YOU DO lose details and more channel separation,etc when you select a 5 channel power amplifier of any manufacturer.
My recollection of what each amp sounded like is as follows:

ATI SIGNATURE SERIES 6005 (great power and amazing soundstage. Very low noise floor, BUT this amplifiers NEEDS TO BE cranked up in order to fully enjoy it. If you like listening at low volume levels or somewhat moderate, you are wasting your time here. This amp won’t sound any different than many other brands out there at this volume. The bass is great, good highs although they are a bit bright for my taste)

NAD M25 (very smooth, powerful, but somewhat thin sounding as far as bass goes)
Bryston sst2(detailed, good soundstage, good power, but can be a little forward with certain speakers which could make them ear fatiguing at loud volumes)

Krell (fast sounding, nice bass attack, nice highs, but some detail does get lost with certain speakers)

rotel (good amp for the money, but too bright in my opinion)

cary audio (good sound overall, very musical, but it didn’t have enough oomph)

parasound halo (good detail, great bass, but it still holds back some background detail that i can hear in others)

lexicon (very laid back and smooth. huge power, but if you like more detail or crisper highs, this amp will disappoint you)

McIntosh mc205 (probably the worst multichannel amp given its price point. it was too thin sounding, had detail but lacked bass.

butler audio (good amplifier. very warm and smooth sweet sounding. i think for the money, this is a better amp than the parasound a51)

pass labs (very VERY musical with excellent bass control. You can listen to this for hours and hours without getting ear fatigue. however, it DOES NOT do well in home theater applications if all you have is a 2 channel set up for movies. The midrange gets somewhat "muddy" or very weak sounding that you find yourself trying to turn it up.

classe audio (best amplifier for multi channel applications. i simply COULDNT FIND a better multi channel amplifier PERIOD. IT has amazing smoothness, amazing power and good bass control although i would say krell has much better bass control)

Update: The reviews above were done in January 2015. Below is my newest update as of October 2016:

PS AUDIO BHK 300 MONOBLOCKS: Amazing amps. Tons of detail and really amazing midrange. the bass is amazing too, but the one thing i will say is that those of you with speakers efficiency of 87db and below you will not have all the "loudness" that you may want from time to time. These amps go into protection mode when using a speaker such as the Salon, but only at very loud levels. Maybe 97db and above. If you don’t listen to extreme crazy levels, these amps will please you in every way.

Plinius Odeon 7 channel amp: This is THE BEST multichannel amp i have ever owned. Far , but FAR SUPERIOR to any other multichannel amp i have owned. In my opinion it destroyed all of the multichannel amps i mentioned above and below. The Odeon is an amp that is in a different tier group and it is in a league of its own. Amazing bass, treble and it made my center channel sound more articulate than ever before. The voices where never scrambled with the action scenes. It just separated everything very nicely.

Theta Dreadnaught D: Good detailed amp. Looks very elegant, has a pleasant sound, but i found it a tad too bright for my taste. I thought it was also somewhat "thin" sounding lacking body to the music. could be that it is because it is class d?

Krell Duo 300: Good amp. Nice and detailed with enough power to handle most speakers out there. I found that it does have a very nice "3d" sound through my electrostatics. Nothing to fault here on this amp.
Mark Levinson 532H: Great 2 channel amp. Lots of detail, amazing midrange which is what Mark Levinson is known for. It sounds very holographic and will please those of you looking for more detail and a better midrange. As far as bass, it is there, but it is not going to give you the slam of a pass labs 350.5 or JC1s for example. It is great for those that appreciate classical music, instrumental, etc, but not those of you who love tons of deep bass.

It is articulate sounding too
Krell 7200: Plenty of detail and enough power for most people. i found that my rear speakers contained more information after installed this amp. One thing that i hated is that you must use xlr cables with this amp or else you lose most of its sound performance when using RCA’s.

Krell 402e: Great amp. Very powerful and will handle any speaker you wish. Power is incredible and with great detail. That said, i didn’t get all the bass that most reviewers mentioned. I thought it was "ok" in regards to bass. It was there, but it didn’t slam me to my listening chair.

Bryston 4B3: Good amp with a complete sound. I think this amp is more laid back than the SST2 version. I think those of you who found the SST2 version of this amp a little too forward with your speakers will definitely benefit from this amp’s warmth. Bryston has gone towards the "warm" side in my opinion with their new SST3 series. As always, they are built like tanks. I wouldn’t call this amp tube-like, but rather closer to what the classe audio delta 2 series sound like which is on the warm side of things.

Parasound JC1s: Good powerful amps. Amazing low end punch (far superior bass than the 402e). This amp is the amp that i consider complete from top to bottom in regards to sound. Nothing is lacking other than perhaps a nicer chassis. Parasound needs to rework their external appearance when they introduce new amps. This amp would sell much more if it had a revised external appearance because the sound is a great bang for the money. It made my 800 Nautilus scream and slam. Again, amazing low end punch.

Simaudio W7: Good detailed amp. This amp reminds me a lot of the Mark Levinson 532h. Great detail and very articulate. I think this amp will go well with bookshelves that are ported in order to compensate for what it lacks when it comes to the bass. That doesn’t mean it has no bass, but when it is no Parasound JC1 either.
Pass labs 350.5: Wow, where do i begin? maybe my first time around with the xa30.8 wasn’t as special as it was with this monster 350.5. It is just SPECTACULAR sounding with my electrostatics. The bass was THE BEST BASS i have ever heard from ANY amp period. The only amp that comes close would be the jC1s. It made me check my settings to make sure the bass was not boosted and kept making my jaw drop each time i heard it. It totally destroyed the krell 402e in every regard. The krell sounded too "flat" when compared to this amp. This amp had amazing mirange with great detail up top. In my opinion, this amp is the best bang for the money. i loved this amp so much that i ended up buying the amp that follows below.

Pass labs 250.8: What can i say here. This is THE BEST STEREO AMP i have ever heard. This amp destroys all the amps i have listed above today to include the pass labs 350.5. It is a refined 350.5 amp. It has more 3d sound which is something the 350.5 lacked. It has a level of detail that i really have never experienced before and the bass was amazing as well. I really thought it was the most complete power amplifier i have ever heard HANDS DOWN. To me, this is a benchmark of an amplifier. This is the amp that others should be judged by. NOTHING is lacking and right now it is the #1 amplifier that i have ever owned.

My current amps are Mcintosh MC601s: i decided to give these 601s a try and they don’t disappoint. They have great detail, HUGE soundstage, MASSIVE power and great midrange/highs. The bass is great, but it is no pass labs 250.8 or 350.5. As far as looks, these are the best looking amps i have ever owned. No contest there. i gotta be honest with you all, i never bought mcintosh monos before because i wasn’t really "wowed" by the mc452, but it could have been also because at that time i was using a processor as a preamp which i no longer do. Today, i own the Mcintosh C1100 2 chassis tube preamp which sounds unbelievable. All the amps i just described above have been amps that i auditioned with the C1100 as a preamp. The MC601s sound great without a doubt, but i will say that if you are looking for THE BEST sound for the money, these would not be it. However, Mcintosh remains UNMATCHED when it comes to looks and also resale value. Every other amp above depreciates much faster than Mcintosh.

That said, my future purchase (when i can find a steal of a deal) will be the Pass labs 350.8. I am tempted to make a preliminary statement which is that i feel this amp could be THE BEST stereo amp under 30k dollars. Again, i will be able to say more and confirm once i own it. I hope this update can help you all in your buying decisions!

128x128jays_audio_lab
Tomorrow's video:
We will start big and with a different linestage: Boulder 2110. 
Stay tuned to see what the Boulder 2110 sounds like with the Gryphon Mephisto and Focal Stella UTOPIA EVO.  This will be our starting point with the Boulder 2110. Expect for me the take it up a few notches down the road. 
Jay,
I like the concave time alignment of the MTM (midrange-tweeter-midrange) drivers.  This is suggestive of the Wilson Chronosonic time alignment.  Draw lines perpendicular to each of the MTM drivers, and they will meet at a certain distance where the time alignment is perfect.  That is the best seat for midrange-HF coherence, clarity and focused imaging.   Other distances won't be bad, due to the good dispersion of each of the MTM drivers.  This concave time alignment could explain how this larger speaker images better than the Alexia 2, as you said.

It appears that there is no means to adjust the angle of the MTM drivers.  It would be an improvement if they did that, because then you could choose to sit at different distances to get the midrange-bass balance you want and maintain the ideal sweet spot for midrange-tweeter balance, clarity, coherence and imaging.
Really fun to compare it to the Wilson Alexia 2 video, albeit with different preamps (Boulder here with Focal, WA using Pandora).

Almost sounds to me like the Alexias are slightly more muscular on the Man in the Moon track, but the Focals little more refined.

Really fun to compare. I know which I prefer. Both sound amazing.

Edit: oh and the WA color matches your room better ; )
Alexia has more muscle but that is just Wilson in general. That said, the refinement on the Stella is leagues above the Alexia 2 - as it should be.
Not even close in terms of resolution either. The beryllium tweeters always have more information and air than most soft domes. I’m discovering so much more in the music that wasn’t there or wasn’t so evident on my previous Wilson Alexia and Sasha.
The only thing I give the nod to Wilson on are the dynamics but everything else (imaging, detail, bass tightness and speed, overall clarity, etc) goes to the Stella. I’m not even going to get into the conversation of how room dependent Wilson audio is. They need the proper room to really do what they do. The flexibility of the stella is in a different league when comparing to all my previous speakers. 

Hard to pick color. They both are beautiful in my opinion. I have a thing for blue speakers all of a sudden. I never realized how sick I was of black colors until I bought blue speakers. 
Since you love Be tweeters, the other speaker type to consider is the Tekton Moab, Encore or Ulf with Be tweeters going down to 270 Hz.  Why doesn't Focal use Be midrange drivers?  Their cabinetry is more sophisticated than Tekton.  But the Stellas are not going anywhere due to their weight, and being the best speaker you have ever owned.  Will you keep the Stellas until your 50th birthday, or even a year?  LOL. 
So for many of you who like statistics and believe in numbers, here is something interesting:

The video I posted today, only 8 hrs ago, already has 1,000 views and yet my channel only has 2200 subscribers. I’ve never ever had so much traction with Wilson speakers and once I put the focal Stella evo on my channel, people are watching it more than ever.
Does this mean people want to see more of Focal than Wilson? Or does it mean they want to see 6 digit speakers play music instead of "average" speakers?
I’m very interested in any educated input on this.... I have not arrived at a conclusion thus far. I’m interested in hearing from you.

I think its the fact that you have a wonderful Focal loudspeaker, not the cost/price.  I would not consider Wilson, as you had, "average".  I do not own Focal, but nearly purchased a pair in the past, and sort of regret not doing so.  I loved the sound.  
I didn’t mean average as in average sound. I meant average as in there are quite a few people who own sasha or Alexia and very little with Stella. Here is a response I got from 2 followers:

"Hmmm I think it’s the High dollar equipment that is attracting the views. I’m guessing if it was the Magico M6 it would be the same. Audiophiles are very interested to hear what they cannot have....but wish for. If you were constantly reviewing Rotel, Bryston, B&W etc.... it would be more of the same that’s on YouTube. What you are now doing is way out of the norm. I get way more interested when you are reviewing high $ gear"

"I think it's a combo of a well marketed brand and very expensive speaker. There are probably tons of music demos on the internet Alexia 2 in someone's room, but very few of the Stella because there are only like 8 pairs on the US"
Focal is accessible to any audiophile, because they make $1,000 speakers. Yours aren’t but Focal is nonetheless.

Wilson is not accessible to all but maybe 10-20% of audiophiles, and probably a fair percentage have never heard Wilson speakers or know much about them.

Motor Trend vs Car & Driver

Edit: looks like my theory is almost directly opposite the anonymous opinion. Who knows. I spent about 10 seconds formulating it so, you know ...
Another response I got from a dealer:

" Wilson is tiny in comparison to focal. Focal has the bigger name in many industries: car audio, headphones, home theater, etc) and they have the bigger audience since Europe is larger. You are now appealing more to the European Audiophile than ever before. You also are displaying what could  arguably be in a conversation for one of the best speakers made today. People are kinda of tired of the same best buy names such as kef, martin Logan, b&w d3, etc. How many people want to read about a Honda civic with a new exhaust system? Thousands, but how many want to read about super cars? Hundredths of thousands want to read"
My guess is it's the high $ gear. I'm more interested in gear that's slightly above my pay grade than gear that's below what I can afford....That's not to say affordable / budget gear can't sound wonderful, it can. My audiophile friends are all slightly over extended and are on the lookout for the next level up.
Interesting article...thx. I was a little surprised to read his thoughts on the following.

"Cones and domes only. Although I’ve spent years listening, at audio shows and in dealers’ showrooms, to horn, planar-magnetic, electrostatic, ribbon, and hybrid speakers of all sorts, I’ve never heard any that produced what I thought was the very highest-fidelity sound. If any of those types of speakers are your thing, that’s great -- but they’ve never been mine, so I can’t include them here."
Jay, you're the one who tells everyone not to believe what these mags write, and here you are posting a link to a mag that doesn't have Wilson Audio advertising on their list.
Maybe this link will be enough to explain the reason Wilson wasn't mentioned in the article - https://www.soundstagenetwork.com/index.php?option=com_weblinks&view=category&id=341&Ite...
You can do better than that Jay, I know you can....
I posted an article that was sent to me which I shared with you all. Just because I don't really believe what they say doesn't mean I can't share content on this thread. That article literally came out today so I thought some of you might find it interesting. 
I also posted it because there has been very little activity so I figure it can't hurt. 
I enjoyed the article WC sent and take it for what it is. Also, interesting reviews of Dartzeel CTH 8550 MkII integrated amplifier and the Simaudio 860a v2 (both in stereo and mono) in HiFi+ released today.  Fun to read and interesting to reflect on how one's own experience may or may not agree.
By the way:
For those of you who saw wilson not being recommened due to the fact that Wilson doesn’t advertise with them, can you explain to me why he recommended tidal when tidal also doesn’t advertise with them either? and why didn't he place Focal as one of the brands of recommended speakers when focal AND NAIM adverstise? what about Vivid audio not being one of his top choices yet they advertise? how about Gobel & Estelon? they don't advertise either....
I think you all missed that? ...
Also interesting is that the article says Gryphon and Focal just missing the mark to be included. What is that?  They fit in the price bracket.   You know you just have to take these articles for what their worth.  We will never know all that influences a reviewer to choose a product.  The only reviewer that matters is you yourself. When it come down to it it’s you personal preference anyway. 
Jay, the author of the link you posted owns speakers from a sister company of Tidal (Vimberg). Maybe, just maybe there's a different level of advertising going on here - nah, probably not. Just a coincidence...

You're absolutely correct @carey1110 . Listening for yourself is the best test. Just because something isn't mentioned in some magazine sponsored by manufacturing dollars doesn't mean everything else out there should be disqualified from these types of lists.
@carey1110
yes i agree with you

@golfnutz:
yes i am aware he owns them, but that still does not explain the rest of the coincidences? focal, naim, estelon, gobel, vivid audio? etc, etc.

To me, it just stood out that he did not have Wilson Audio there since they are a big player in the speaker world. I do not expect Focal to be on every magazine or reviewer’s top list because the Utopia line is so hard to find out and about. Not many dealers carry the big Stellas and Grandes, but there are plenty of dealers of Alexx and XLF. i do not think i have ever seen a Stella in person until i bought mine. Who knows what the "underlying" criteria was to make this list. Only they know.

Now, when it comes to amplifiers, i will say that if Gryphon does not make any top amplifiers reviewer’s list (at least top 3-5), that will be because he has never heard or reviewed one. No reviewer will ever convince ME that Gryphon does not belong in the top list amplifiers in the world. That is what is great about sitting with the Mephisto: You have this feeling that when something does not sound good, you are the person that has an issue and not the amplifier.
Perfect example was me yesterday: i tried like 3 different times to listen and i could not sit down to enjoy the presentation. i just could not let the music flow and that is when i realized that i was too tired since i had gone to bed at 3am because i was listening to music. As of the last 2-3 months, if my system does not sound "good" then i know i am too tired to listen. My mind is playing tricks on me and that is a reality with audio. We get used to the sound and then we think things sound "ok" even though we were blown away just a few days ago.
I wouldn’t worry about Wilson not receiving his recommendation. When you’re at to top there’s alway someone trying to take you down. Maybe he thought Wilson is so successful they don’t need any help. Wilson is Probably the best selling “High End” speaker in the US. People voted with their pocket book.  Wilson is up there because so many people love and enjoy them.  In fact so many companies compare their sound to bettering the Wilson as a goal to exceed.  Great company IMHO of course. 
@whitecamaross ,  great videos bro. Thanks for sharing them.  
Those people watching your last video may come back for your next one.  Ask them to subscribe to your channel so that you are able to provide more content.  
If you polished your format a little you may be able to get a substantial following.  In my opinion, there are only 3-4 “audiophile” you tubers that get watched regularly and 2 of them are only so so.  I’ve watched many young adults, 25 years old, automotive you tubers become very wealthy over the past 4 years on you tube. Audio doesn’t have the huge following like cars but you tube really only has a couple audiophile vloggers so in my opinion, there actually is space for you to fill.

If I were you, with your gear and the few followers you do have, you ought to press in harder on the you tube front.  I imagine if you got 500k followers, you tube would be giving you checks ghat you could use to buy more stereo gear and grow your channel.

just a thought!
Hi WC, I could not find individual links to those reviews yet but was able to download the full issue of HiFi+ November 2020 to read them.

On your point above, it is funny, I was away from my system for 2 weeks (left playing while away) and was listening for first time last night... I was like this sounds off, something is not right. I truly hope I was just tired and things sound better tonight. 
WC, I'm wondering if you ever had the chance, or the desire, to take a look and listen to the Vandersteen Model 7 loudspeakers.  With your deep experience it would be very interesting to hear your reaction.  
@zprr:
It's your head playing tricks. Make sure you get some rest before you listen critically. Lately, i have understood myself better with doing critical analysis. If I am having an awesome listening session then I'll do whatever it takes to not cut it short and go as late as possible because I don't know how the next day will be. I haven't been able to connect with my system again since Saturday night. I know when my mind is tired and not paying any attention to music even if I try.
I don't expect for this phenomenon to affect everyone the same. I am only speaking about me. 

@rpeluso 
I almost bought a pair of that exact model last month but things didn't work out. I will say that I have heard other vanderdsteen models and wasn't exactly floored. That said, i have been told that he model 7 is supposed to be really good which is why I was looking to buy it. 
For now, i don't have any immediate plans to buy any speakers soon but who knows and maybe I decide to do another magico speaker to finish the year. 
Wow I’m away one week, and the Wilsons Alexia 2 are gone !
And Focal are back in. Cool for sure. 😃

WC, remember how many times I told you Wilsons don’t have the resolution of Focals. Now you see the light. It’s mostly in the driver tech. Focal has mastered... Like Magico and Dynaudio, they make their own.

Also, with the Stella you get 2 midrange drivers per speakers. That makes a huge difference in a big room at higher volume. ( clarity with tall imaging). This is why speakers with the d’ Apolito arrangement is so popular among diyers. Most of the time they add a pair of quick subwoofers to those and get huge sound that can rival some well known models.
Most that read this thread cannot afford $140K speakers.  How about a speaker that would rival it for $14K or less.  And maybe do some things better.

A fully modded Tekton Ulfberht would do the trick.  $9K stock and $9,5K (including delivery) with the single Beryllium tweeter upgrade.   Then you remove the stock xover and place it behind the speaker on a damped shelf.  You change every single xover part to the best you can afford (at least as good as what's in the Focal...probably better).  You wire each driver using super wire and run that wire out the back and hardwire it to the xover.  You hardwire the woofer wires directly to the voice coil wires (with strain relief). You put Ground Enhancers on the output of all the xover feeds.  You felt around all the 15 tweeters on the front.....you add extra bracing inside the cabinet....and maybe some wool in there too.  You use my binding post bypass system on the input of the xover so there are now zero connectors in series.  The mods would probably run around $2K or so.....you still have plenty of wiggle room before you even get to $14K (one tenth the cost of the Focal).  You have 14 low mass tweeters acting as two midranges in d'appolito configuration.  You have good time alignment between the mids and tweets since they have the voice coils in the same exact plane.  You have two 12 inch woofs and 4 seven inch mid bass units for super fast transient response.  You have higher sensitivity.  You have incredible dynamics and transparency at all frequencies.  The only thing you are giving up is the bass adjustability of the Focal......of course, you could bi-amp the ulfberht's and use an equalizer on the bass....for even better and smoother response than the Focal.  Please read all the reviews on the Ulfberht, Encore and Moab to get an idea just how good the STOCK Tektons are.

The problem with the the Ulfberht is that it does cost enough for the elite to buy it and it looks like a big box.  And since only about 5% of audiophiles are even into DIY.......then what I just wrote is for the super hot rodder who wants it all on a budget and likes to tweek.  I have one friend with the Ulfberht's and he as done 65% of the xover mods and felted the front and says it is way, way better than stock.  He does not have the Beryllium tweeter option.  He drives them with mono block tube amps that cost something like $6K and he plays drums and the Ulfberht makes drums in the room REAL  It's too bad he does not have a Utube channel.....I bet you all would be blown away.  Many roads up the mountain.
Ricevs:

I appreciate your post above. I unfortunately can't make that happen. Let me ask you, have you done what you proposed above ? 
@WCSS
Between your day job, your family, this thread and your YouTube channel, surely you have time to modify a pair of Tektons.
Like I said, a friend, with my encouragement, did half of the stuff I suggested. I have done everything I have suggested to my own speakers (planar based mids and highs) and have modified electrostats and and cone speakers in the past.so I know what it all does.

If you have never done something like this then modding a huge speaker is out of the question (lots of time and lots of practical knowledge needed, not to mention help lifting and laying down the speakers). This has to be a love. Most audiophiles are "plug and play" people.

Hot rodding cars is so different. I would say 90% of hot rodders do their own work or take their car to someone who tweaks it. You get your new $70K corvette and you immediately take it to someone who will add another 100 horsepower. Everything in cars can be know by anyone. Audio is completely different. There is no race course....every man for himself. There is no "best of anything". It is always changing and the more you know the more you know nothing.....it is infinite. If every brand of solder has a sound.....if every wire has a sound....if every stand has a sound.....if every room has a sound. If every component has a sound.....if every resistor has a sound....if every connector has a sound....etc. etc. etc. into infinity....you get the idea. Top fuel dragsters all look alike and perform very close to each other. Audio is all over the place and there is absolutely no consensus on anything. BUT, if you are intelligent you can find very transparent gear at most any price. Since I can personally mod and tweak everything I would probably never own any expensive piece of gear since I can make or modify something for a dime on the dollar. If I had a lot of money I would do something else with the left over that would help raise the level of Love and Joy and happiness and Hope for all humanity.
ricevs 
How much do you think you could sell a self modified Tekton? I would be hard pressed to give you 25% of the investment no matter how good it sounded because in reality that’s all it would be worth on the market.
To the right person......they would definitely pay above the normal "used price" if the modding were done to a serious degree and all pictured, etc. 

This is the way the "plug and play" people sometimes think.  It is all about resale value because they have no idea of intrinsic worth.  They also think they will always sell everything very quickly.  Obviously, this kind of mod is for those that want to keep it and keep tweaking a serious state of the art speaker for years and years.  What is going to beat it at its price point?  Not likely for years.  Check out Miller Carbon's post on his $4500 Moab's.....he is modding them and will, no doubt, keep them for years, just like his previously modded speakers.  I bet his modded Moab's would kill a lot of seriously expensive speakers.  What if you buy a $40K speaker......how much will you lose when you sell it?.......a lot more than selling a tweaky deaky $12K speaker. 
Tecno, you’re comparing a 50k speaker with a 140k speaker,  try comparing something in the Wilson lineup that compares in price instead. Then the comparison I’m sure would be much closer. The Wilson’s sounded great, so I can’t see any room for complaining. Your posts on the subject seem to indicate that you think Jay was trying to push sales of certain items. He’s proven that he’s not married to any product. It’s been made clear your mileage may vary based on your own preferences. Now that he has focals, it seems he’s stopped shilling for a speaker line now?  You have  to try things before you know what they will do. Unlike most, he has the means to try them all out in his system, therefore able to take a path that most just could not, and most who could, wouldn’t be intrested in for time and effort reasons. Rice, I do think the Tekton’s bone stock with just the be tweeters could play with the alexia’s and focals. Add the all be array, and since Eric seems to be willing to do just about any upgrade, get him to make all the additions you mentioned. The price will be higher for his extra labor of course. I’m not one for doing mods myself, so that’s the route I’d go. Wouldn’t win any beauty contests, but I don’t think the Wilson’s or focals are that great looking either. 
speedbump6,
I'm with you on Tekton Moab/Ulf with all Be tweeters, which are probably SOTA for dynamic box speakers, for $14K/$21K.  For finishing touches, ricevs could come for a few days to do his mods.  It only remains for Eric to get you the stock Moab and Ulf you ordered, so you can actually report on how great they might be.
I have not seen a comment on an all Be tweeter version of a Tekton. No doubt it would have more information......but would it be musical? And if you did the mods to it would it still be listenable. Where as the soft dome tweeters are described as sounding like an electrostat with the stock wire and xover parts and binding posts. So, you know it would sound outrageously better with better wire, xover parts and hardwired on the input. I personally would rather have a tweaked speaker with the soft domes than a stock speaker with all Be tweeters.....a lot less money, as well. and you can tune it to your taste. But, an all out Be version with just the right tweaks could be even better.

You cannot assume that the "lighter" driver will give the best sound.  It is all a synergy.....as WC likes to say.
There was a nice week or two stretch where the thread was refocused on WC’s journey. What happened? It seems like the lengthy, reoccurring Tekton posts perhaps should be on different thread at this point. I think we all caught the drift awhile ago. WC can correct me of course.
@zprr
Agreed, those of you who are fans of the Tektons have made it clear to Jay that you would like him to try them. 
@ricevs I literally thought you were joking when reading your post with all the mods. 
BTW, I have heard the Tekton Double impacts twice in good home systems and was ready to be impressed but I did not hear anything that got me excited.
I have the ulfs viber, just waiting on the moabs. All the dates given keep coming and going. Zprr we are all kind of discussing higher end products here, so I think it’s relevant. Just some what if talking is all. Rice, you’re welcome to come upgrade my speakers for me if you like, lol. Have no idea what all be would sound like, but I imagine it might be better depending on preferences. Until someone does it, guess we will never know. Either way, I’m not into doing mods and Jay has made it clear he’s not either. I’m sure everyone has some idea of what speaker could maybe be better than whatever speaker he chose to get. 
Agree with you zprr,  this thread is listed under category of amps and preamps but lately has been all about speakers.