miniDSP SHD integration

Ever since I migrated from AVR preamp out with room correction to a separate preamp, I have been missing room correction, especially bass management. I have considered the SHD, but wanted to avoid the ADA, and the potential quality of the DAC built into the SHD. I recently plugged my turntable back into my AVR, and the bass management room correction was significant, ergo my renewed interest. My system:

Pro-ject 1Xpression carbon classic with Hana ML cart

Rega Aria phono stage

Rogue RP-1 pre with NOS Telefunkon medical, Siemens nickel plate & Brimar CV4003 NOS tubes (rolling)

LSA Warp 1 amp

KEF R11 speakers

Rythmic F12SE sub

Aurender N150 streamer

Chord Qutest DAC

My question is how do best integrate the SHD (or other/better) room correction device into my system. My ideal is to continue to use both my preamp and DAC. So, in the case of streaming: N150 >SHD>Qutest>Preamp>Amp>Speakers

Vinyl: TT>Aria>SHD>Qutest>Preamp

This would avoid the SHD internal DAC, but how would it do bass management? In this scenario, I believe the sub would need to be plugged into the preamp for volume control. Perhaps this is true for any scenario when a separate preamp is used?

Does the SHD/Dirac have the ability to perform bass management without using the SHD crossovers? IE: Full range to both speakers & sub with the appropriate adjustments? Any other products you would recommend? Any other recommended connections? 

Thanks!

128x128signaforce

@baylinor if you find yourself adjusting bass levels for music too much you may have some resonances you can tame with EQ if not otherwise.

Some music may excite a room mode, which has you reaching for the volume control.

Check the AM Acoustics room mode simulator for help placing your speakers, then measure and consider bass traps and/or EQ if the problems are still pronounced.

My issue is strictly music related. I use my streamer almost entirely for electronic music and like to play it at 75 db, hence the overamplified bass issue. My vinyl and CDs collections have less than 5% electronic music and bass is perfect.

My measured frequency curves improve significantly by plugging my ports (I have 2 rear firing ports per speaker). My KEF R11’s came with soft sponge plugs for that purpose. 

They are plugged again since Eric convinced me it can't hurt the speakers. I listened to some heavy electronics on my streamer and had no need to adjust the subs to tame the bass. It's all good. Thanks @erik_squires.

Glad I could help you, @baylinor  - You seem to have proven the effects I was talking about, how well-balanced bass output makes it easier to switch music and still have excellent results.