Mark Levinson Has Saved Me And My MUSIC!!

I am so thoroughly impressed with the Daniel Hertz Master Class Software/C Wave technology.

As a music/artist first audiophile, i.e., someone who doesn’t restrict myself to audiophile recordings only, I possess thousands of poor recordings themselves or poor quality files (mp3s) from very talented obscure artists around the world, accrued over 30 years. I have them because it was the only option.

I was on the fence about buying this software because i hate the sight of anything Apple...and one needs to have a Macbook to install this software. But, i bit the bullet and got myself a Mac.

This software has been the perfect salvage tool for suboptimal recordings and poor quality digital files. It has breathed life into so many old recordings and made them so much more enjoyable. This may easily be the best 600 bucks i’ve ever spent.

Limitations:

This software is only for converting existing lousy quality digital files prior to playback.

If you want the software to intervene and salvage your music on the fly, i.e. streaming, etc, you may need to cough up the dough for his Maria all-in-one streamer+dac+amp (not cheap). I have not decided if i want to go that route because i prefer to buy hires digital files (albums) for permanent ownership whenever i can, i.e., not just "rent" it from a streaming service. I use streaming services only to discover music. The software is good enough for me.

Other:

The deemed health benefits from music processed through this software for playback (the pilot test he talks about in this video) are yet to be seen, in my case, at least. I haven’t visited the doctor for a checkup, or intend to be a guinea pig or prove that the latter is true. But, if it makes me healthier, so be it...I am already extremely happy with the software!!!

Keep listening guys/gals!

deep_333

"I am referring to a 600 dollar software (petty change for me)"

What's the point of that statement?

So a DAC is still lacking?

@wsrrsw Perhaps so. Keep in mind, the software just processes the files and gives you a converted file, essentially a file converter. You can play those files in your car, phone, or your hifi streamer/renderer and DAC. In other words, you still need your DAC. Think of the files as converted equivalents of original analog master tape.

Vinyl fanatics believe their spinning plastic is pure and perfect, when played through a 100k turntable. But, even if it didn’t trace back to a hires digital studio master like newer albums, i.e., a old 60s album that could be traced to master tape, you will never get the master tape on the piece of noisy, thoroughly botched plastic.

Mark has done a great service to music lovers and audiophiles by the giving you the equivalent of analog master tape.

This video feels like the culmination of why certain Audiophiles distrust various, unique approaches to making music sound better.  

Maybe it works but the presentation and the content are very difficult to take seriously.  I was born in the late 70’s and love and to listen to music.  I would  guess a high percentage of all the music I have listened to in my lifetime has been digital, hasn’t been a barrier to me connecting emotionally to music.  Very strange presentation and study.

The elephant in the room for me would be a DAC converts a digital signal to analogue, at that point, wouldn’t the conversion correct the perfect waive issue?  Algorithms are already used in certain types of DAC’s, FPAG’s and I think they are also used in DSP software.  Would wonder what makes this particular algorithm unique in solving an issue that would be hard to even proof exists.  

This post got me thinking deeper than I anticipated I would, kudos to the OP for that. 

This video feels like the culmination of why certain Audiophiles distrust various, unique approaches to making music sound better.

Maybe it works but the presentation and the content are very difficult to take seriously. I was born in the late 70’s and love and to listen to music. I would guess a high percentage of all the music I have listened to in my lifetime has been digital, hasn’t been a barrier to me connecting emotionally to music. Very strange presentation and study.

The elephant in the room for me would be a DAC converts a digital signal to analogue, at that point, wouldn’t the conversion correct the perfect waive issue? Algorithms are already used in certain types of DAC’s, FPAG’s and I think they are also used in DSP software. Would wonder what makes this particular algorithm unique in solving an issue that would be hard to even proof exists.

This post got me thinking deeper than I anticipated I would, kudos to the OP for that.

@mm1tt77 , There is a FREE trial of the software. Convert some files (your mp3s, cd rips, flacs, etc) with it and play it through your existing streamer/renderer and DAC. If it feels like snake oil, move on and don’t worry about it.

In my case, it did something significant enough for me to buy it