Marantz SA10 sacd player

I love this  player , after 3 yrs and 2 months I purchase it. It doesn’t read single layer sacd. It’s out of waaranty.So United Radio marantz authorize won’t repair it. Is this a common issue on this expensive sacd player?

128x128jayctoy

Sharri Iam waiting from stereo rehab to response from my email. They prefer email per the telephone response instructions. Yea if they can do it. I will ask you to forward the service manual to them.. Thanks again 

Classerich,

I think I have a good idea about your situation. 

Since the introduction of the SACD-M transport assemblies in the SA-7 and SA-11S2 players, Marantz Service Centers would only replace the whole SACD-M assembly, not just the laser. And since most all laser failures occurred past the warranty period, Marantz was under no real obligation to the customer. So the Service Centers told customers, and repair shops, that the needed part was not available. I have read a few instances of that happening on various forums.

With your SA-10 the Service Center seems to have done the same thing and told you that the part was unavailable. Yet, the SA-10 is still a production model, and Marantz supplies the SACD-M assembly to companies like DCS and Playback Designs. What Marantz likely does not have is a number of extra SACD-M assemblies for repair/replacement.

But all that is needed is just the laser mecha replacement in the assembly. And to that end, Marantz included instructions in the SA-10 Service Manual for mecha replacement. Why an authorized Service Center would refuse to do this is anybody's guess, as repairing units is the whole purpose of a Service Center.

In your case, your player was under warranty so Marantz had to do something, as that is what a warranty is all about.

I have a thread on a few forums asking is anyone has had a laser failure with a SA-10, Ruby, or SA11S3 player. There have been a number of views, but no posts. So I'm thinking you might be about the only one so far. Lucky for you that you were under warranty.

I would also suspect that your old player got repaired and made available for sale from an authorized seller like Accessories4Less. They would sell the unit as a Factory Refurbished unit for a substantial discount from the new price.

Sharri I agree. Why I don’t encourage buying expensive Marantz player or any of their product or any company with short warranty period or do not have good Texhnical support.Because if it’s under warranty Music Direct will fight for you.

As a rather uneducated SA10 owner of about four years--what a horror story!  Yuk!

But what a lot of great information and assistance from everyone who pitched in on this one!  I am keeping my fingers crossed because it looks like there are no authorized repair centers anywhere real near me.  

My SA10 was a factory refurb from MD for 2k off list, and after reading this thread I am thinking it must have been one of those premature failures that was sent back to MD under warranty. I hope they did a good job.