Marantz SA10 sacd player

I love this  player , after 3 yrs and 2 months I purchase it. It doesn’t read single layer sacd. It’s out of waaranty.So United Radio marantz authorize won’t repair it. Is this a common issue on this expensive sacd player?

128x128jayctoy

Hello Again,

Below is a link to the Authorized Marantz Service Centers as currently listed by Marantz.

Find a Service Center | Marantz

You have indicated that United Radio did not want to do your repair. Have you contacted the other 3 service centers in your general area? I find it difficult to believe that an authorized manufacturer repair center would refuse to repair a manufacturer's product, as that is the whole point of being a manufacturer service repair center.

However, if you have your SA-10 serviced at another repair shop, you might be wise to furnish the shop with the Service Manual for the SA-10. The Service Manual has complete diagnosis and repair instructions for the traverse assembly of the SA-10. 

Send me a personal message if you need or would like a copy of the Service Manual.

The Masimo sale has really changed the Marantz operations, especially in service, which was never known to be great in the past. Though to be fair, it tended to vary more by each repair shop than anything else.

Sharri most of the service listed I called they reroute me to United Radio who will not repair out of warranty.Hopefully Deltronics or Stereo Rehab will be able to fix it. I will try to inquire when Iam no longer busy.Thank you.

The standard Marantz US warranty is 3 years from date of purchase for original owner. So you are totally out of warranty and will pay for all repair costs. It does not matter where you take your player. Any repair shop that repairs cd players should be able to diagnose and repair your player. Failure to read sacd layer is usually a laser output issue. This takes about 1 minute to check, if the technician knows Marantz procedures. As mentioned earlier, the laser traverse unit for the SA-10 is currently in stock and available from the Marantz parts supplier, Encompass Parts. The cost is $51. Shop time should not be more than the standard charge plus one hour labor time. Replacing the laser in these players is a simple procedure for a knowledgeable technician.

From you above post it seems that you live in the Chicago area. You should have no trouble finding a repair shop. If the shop needs a Service Manual for your player, I might be able to help out. It does not seem to be currently available from online suppliers, but that could change at any time as they have been available quite recently.

All the best.....