Magico speakers too clinical and fatiguing?

A while back I was very enthusiastic about these speakers. They look nice and supposedly supposed to sound very nice. I’ve heard them a few times and the level of precision and accuracy is very good. But is there too much science going on to create the speakers that makes them at times a little uncomfortable to listen to for more than a few minutes.

Are modern age speakers going nuts with all the science?

emergingsoul

It is true that Magico speakers expose the weakness of gear up the chain. After hearing an incredible demo of them and deciding to purchase them you must be committed to addressing the gear up the chain and your room.

Many audiophiles stretch to buy speakers and then are disappointed when they don't sound like the demo. Well unfortunately it's everything including your room.

I've had the A3's for a couple of years. I'm on my third pair of power amps, 2nd preamplifier, upgraded cables and turntable/cartridge and had a custom diffuser made. 

The sonics are really incredible. I've had people over with 6 times what I have into my rig say they're simply amazed at what my rig sounds like. 

I traveled to NYC a week ago and heard the A5's at a buddy's home. They're incredible! However we all have to guard against wanting bigger speakers! While the A5's are tempting for me, I've built my rig to the point that I don't want to change anything further, I'm not going to build a bigger listening room to accommodate the A5's. I'm extremely happy with the A3's!

My latest power amps are NAT Audio Magma M HPS.

@vuch   +1   To some degree I blame the entire Audio Industry. Merchant's, Print and Youtube media for spewing the outdated concept that Loudspeakers are the most important component in the Audio Chain. This might be the real "Snake Oil" created by the Audio Industry that so many fear!