Luxman 590AX II Break-In

Hello all, and happy holidays,

To those with experience, how many hours of a break-in are necessary to make the Luxman sing? I have about 175 hours, and my bass is less than stellar. Also, there is not a luscious midrange (yet). I have read epic reviews but have not experienced that thus far. What should I expect over time? Getting a little worried!

Thanks!

128x128jeffreyw

OP,

Outstanding. I have auditioned some of the top level Nordost… Odin 2… incredible wires. 

Greatto hear you are happy.

Break in is probably 200hrs, but the speakers you have arent the greatest match and also the 590 doesnt give great bass if your looking for that pop. Its a refined neutral amp that pairs well with easy to drive speakers.  I am using Silverline Sonata II and it sounds sweet.  The 590 pairs best with silk/soft dome tweeters.

I just picked up a Luxman 590AXII and moved out a McIntosh MA6600, with my 85db Harbeth 30.1 speakers the Luxman delivers as much or at times more bass then the McIntosh ever did. I see the Keff’s are 85db as well, goes to show specs aren’t always exact. My understanding is every db in the 85 range takes considerable more power, maybe the Keff is closer to 83-84 which needs that extra 100 watts. Great feeling when you get the problem solved and can pass on your experience to others. Great thread guys. 😎

Does anyone know if a 220v can covert to 120v on a L-590axii? I’m about to pick one up from asia. Pls help

I don’t think the Luxman 590ax is powerful enough to drive those speakers. I know. I have the amp and I’ve tried to drive similar harder to drive speakers.