Luxman 590AX II Break-In

Hello all, and happy holidays,

To those with experience, how many hours of a break-in are necessary to make the Luxman sing? I have about 175 hours, and my bass is less than stellar. Also, there is not a luscious midrange (yet). I have read epic reviews but have not experienced that thus far. What should I expect over time? Getting a little worried!

Thanks!

128x128jeffreyw

Showing 3 responses by muddywaters61

Have to agree on room acoustics, try hanging thick blankets on the walls and bring as many cushions you can find in the room and try leaning them against the walls at different heights. One day while the wife was out I set the room up with all this temporary treatments. I couldn’t believe the difference. Needless to say I bought 6 24x48 x 1inch panels at $100 a pop. Best $600 I’ve spent on my system yet. 
Costs nothing to experiment. Good Luck. 😎

I just picked up a Luxman 590AXII and moved out a McIntosh MA6600, with my 85db Harbeth 30.1 speakers the Luxman delivers as much or at times more bass then the McIntosh ever did. I see the Keff’s are 85db as well, goes to show specs aren’t always exact. My understanding is every db in the 85 range takes considerable more power, maybe the Keff is closer to 83-84 which needs that extra 100 watts. Great feeling when you get the problem solved and can pass on your experience to others. Great thread guys. 😎

Blue thinker: not sure if you’ve referring to the Harbeth’s or the Kef’s but the Luxman has no problem with my Harbeth’s. My room size is 15’x 30’ as well. 
My previous amp was a 200 watt McIntosh that certainly had more slam but volume wise there isn’t that much of a difference. They say the Luxman switches to A/B and puts out up to 80-90 watts, based on my experience I believe it, this isn’t delivering only 20-30% of what my McIntosh did. I think Kef specs are off.