Luxman 509x vs Hegel H390

The shortlist is mainly coming down to these two genuinely great amps.

What sets them apart in SQ overall & how would you describe the sound signature for each one.

chaseton

Showing 2 responses by audioman58

One that is better in several areas and made in USA ,10 year warranty,5 years transferrable , and 3 power choices ,Coda CSIB integrated it has 18 -1st watts into pure class A  then 150,300,600 wpc 

a sealed Potted very low noise 3,000 Va Transformer ,none ofthe competition have even 1/2. That ,over 120 amps on tap for ultimate control,

mosfet, Fet,Burr Brown linear class A preamp section  and 40 bipolor transistors on the output . Nelson Pass And these guys from Coda worked together with the 

classic  Threshold stasis products ,Nelson went on his own And Coda  was born 

Almost  30 years now in CA. -made in U.S.A America 🇺🇸 . 
i bought mine from Mike at Audio Archon  stereotimes product of the year 2020.

for around $6500 or less ,it competes or bests everything out there at $10k+ .

One that is better in several areas and made in USA ,10 year warranty,5 years transferrable , and 3 power choices ,Coda CSIB integrated it has 18 -1st watts into pure class A  then 150,300,600 wpc 

a sealed Potted very low noise 3,000 Va Transformer ,none ofthe competition have even 1/2. That ,over 120 amps on tap for ultimate control,

mosfet, Fet,Burr Brown linear class A preamp section  and 40 bipolor transistors on the output . Nelson Pass And these guys from Coda worked together with the 

classic  Threshold stasis products ,Nelson went on his own And Coda  was born 

Almost  30 years now in CA. -made in U.S.A America 🇺🇸 . 
i bought mine from Mike at Audio Archon  stereotimes product of the year 2020.

for around $6500 or less ,it competes or bests everything out there at $10k+ .