Looking for right Mark Levinson Preamp to pair with No 532 Amp

I am upgrading my Krell Vanguard integrated amp and my friend is selling me his Mark Levinson no 532 amp. I primarily use my system for vinyl but occasional stream Bluetooth. I also am currently using KEF R5 speakers. I am going to also upgrade my speakers. I have already purchased the Amp and would like to stay with ML for pre-amp but open to suggestions. Also I have a budget of about $15-$20k that I want to spend and I am willing to purchased pre-owned if in good condition.

Thank you in advance for your expertise.

128x128smaddux

Get an ML1 preamp. This was actually the second preamp from Mark Levinson.The first was the JC2, designed by John Curl. The preamps after the ML1 are just to sell the Levinson marketing hype and garner more profit.

Why not get the companion ML No526 pre? There is a nib one on us audio mart right now for $13.5k. (And no, I’m not affiliated with the seller, just looks like a great deal).

It’s always been a great combo a good SS amp and vacuum tube preamp 

and Linear Tube  Audio make a exceptional one .

I know build quality better then most having 4 decades in Audio 

originally designed by The well known David Berning ,then upgraded 

better still,   very well reviewed and the Vacuum  tube preamp uses at least 2 different types of tubes , and inside no cheap alps volume pot 

but very high quality resistive ladder ,to relays , check them out and video on build.

Hello,

Look for a Mark levinson no.32 Reference Preamp and call it a Lifetime ..  :) :)

Thanks

Mac

lThank you, I just read up on the #32 Ref and it sounds ideal but a bit of a unicorn.  What model would you most closely associated with that are more available today.

Defintely the ML 32* if you can find one but I think a SPL, LTA, or Coda preamp would be a good match. I think the 3 would provide a litle more micro-detail.  The LTA Velo is suppose to be a great bargain for the price if you are looking for a tube pre.