Looking for... Integrated tube amp with phono

Looking for an integrated tube amp (or hybrid) in the $4-7k range. Preferably used. (Actually, there’s almost no way I’d get what I wanted new.)

Must haves:

-PHONO built in (yes, I know I can do “better” with separates, but that’s not what I want this time).

-At least 70WPC (my speakers are not too efficient at 88db).

-REMOTE… doesn’t need to have 50 functions, but needs to control volume.

-Tape Monitor or some way to connect an EQ (not needed if it has tone controls)

Nice to have:

-Headphone jack. (I have no headphone amp atm.)

-DAC (I have a Bluesound Node 2i; I never use it, but never I might.)

-Tone Controls (I’m no purist, and at low listening levels I need to increase the bass)

-MC cartridge capability

Current list:

-Mcintiosh MA352 – tons of power (for future speakers?), but no MC option and the phono stage is transistor. Tone controls! Easy to re-sell.

-VAC Sigma 170i – seems like a decent option and has a tube phono section.

-Octave V80 – harder to find, and probably really tough to sell when I get tired of it. Phono is MM OR MC, not both.

-Audio Research GSi75 – also hard to find, but this seems to have everything in one box.

-Am I missing anything?

Backstory… I’m a mid-fi guy. I live in NYC (currently have neighbors below me and next to me) and will never have the luxury (or the money) to have a dedicated listening room. That means, no wall treatments, bass traps, or even a dedicated stereo rack. I rarely crank my stereo (although, I want to be able to since my main thing in life is seeing live bands… it’s pretty much the only thing I really enjoy, so I like loud music). My speakers are Ohm Walsh 3 (slightly modified) and I’ve had them much longer than anything else (10 years and 4 apartments). They aren’t perfect, but I like them (although they are a bit small for my current house). I haven’t been using my stereo much since we moved to this place but my wife has been listening to vinyl. She had a difficult time with my old TT (Music Hall MMF-7.1 with a Goldring 2400) and when the cantilever broke, I decided to get a TT that she would have an easier time with- a Denon DP-47F (from Japan). The cartridge is pretty cheap, and before I replace it, I may want to try an MC cart (probably Denon DL-301), otherwise, I’ll get a DL-110, knowing that it’s well beneath the Goldring I had.

My current amps are Conrad Johnson Classic 60SE  and PV10B (I’m using the onboard phono). I’ve had it a few years and like the sound, although I need to cheat with a Schiit Loki. I grew up with the bass and treble maxed out (‘70s and ‘80s), and I guess that’s how I like music to sound.

I’ve owned a hybrid, various tube amps, SS (Denon PMA-2500ne that I didn’t like at all) and have no issue with integrated amps. I’m also looking for convenience and simplicity.  

ron325

@elliottbnewcombjr

Umm, I already found 4 models that meet the power requirements.

New speaker shopping is way too much work; I really don’t have time for that. BTW, my current tube amp is 60wpc and I used to have a Rogue that was around 90. There are plenty available.

@noromance

That’s a good list, thanks. I’ve owned that same Vincent and a very similar Rogue, years ago.

I already considered that BAT and the Roger’s High Fidelity but neither can be had with a phono stage, from what I found. Same with PrimaLuna. 

The VAC is an excellent choice.  Provides the watts noted in your search, excellent sounds quality, and a phono section that performs at a very high level.  

The Octave V80 ALL TUBES (Yay) is the only one on your list with

all your requirements (except optional requirement: dac)

1. headphones

2. tape loop

3. additional processor loop

4. optional phono (choose MM or MC, not both)

Seems to be a winner

audio research, has a dac, has remote balance which I love, mute ((not sure Octave remote has mute) but I don’t see either tone controls or tape loop for an equalizer