Looking for a new Subwoofer

I am looking to replace my Definitive Technology Supercube 6000 with a new subwoofer to augment my Fyne F-702 speakers. My listening room is about 13 x 22 ft with 8’ ceilings and an 8’ opening to the dining room to the left of the listening area. I try to avoid major products made in mainland China—in spite of their at times very good quality, and I have narrowed the brands down to Paradigm, Vandersteen, and JL Audio, specifically, a single Paradigm XR11 or dual Defiance X12s, the Vandersteen Sub Three with “required” crossover, and the JL Audio Fathom f110v2.  My budget is about $4K, with the XR11 and Fathom right at that price, the dual X12s at about $3K, and the Vandersteen with required crossover at about $5300 (including two crossovers, as they are sold in pairs).  I may be able to audition the Paradigms and the Vandersteen; a friend has told me the room correction software with the JL Audio sub is way behind that of the Paradigms.  In light of the excellent advice I have received in this forum, I wonder if folks out there have had an experience with these subwoofers and what they might recommend.  Many thanks.

mike4597

+1 @soix re: the Rythmik F12G subs. I am also a happy owner of a pair of these, and I think they are awesome value for the money. Made in Texas.

Eve had a broad range and have some newer lines out 

and a great app where you can adjust things from your seating 

There is even a app you can download and buy a usb Mike and totally 

adjust the bass perfect  Thst takes practice though  the REW bass app

i think it called.

These are the best bang for your buck subwoofers you can buy that will destroy any any subs above its price range. These are extreme subwoofers. I am not joking around. These things eat Klipsch for breakfast and destroy new build homes for lunch. You want your pictures to fall off the walls and your glasses to rattle in your kitchen and you have found the subs for you. You can put two of these in your home for your budget and if you're not happy, they will return them for your money back. If you're not happy I'll buy them. They are that good. I have to dial mine back in a huge room to about 40% just for the WAF Factor And even then there is some serious vibrations taking place. These are great for home theater and two channel. Made in the good old USA in Anaheim, California and I have been there a couple of times and auditioned their subwoofers. These guys have been around for a few decades and are some of the best. Sub-builders in the United States. I I'm not a pro of speakers but I know my subs and this is as good as anybody could ask for. Check them out. Read the reviews. You'll be convinced on those alone. 

HSU Research

I have a set of gloss black B&W DB4S subs I’m planning to list. How do these compare with what you’re looking for?

Ive owned my fair share of subs over the decades. Most are over-hyped for what we really need a sub/s for

Check these out https://verafiaudiollc.com/products/vanguard-caldera-12-active-subwoofer